Defenseman shot totals

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
dkrause71
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Defenseman shot totals

Post by dkrause71 »

First off i want to thank Simon for an awesome game and to say i am a long time FHL user. I am transferring a FHL file over to STHS and my only real issue is the defenseman shot totals. I guess forward/defenseman ratio would be more accurate. The most i have gotten a D to shoot is 94 times in a season while the top forwards are typically 300+ and this is with tons of tweaking. I am seeking a 2:1 Forward/Defenseman shot ratio at worse and 1.5:1 would be even better.

I guess i have two questions relating to this:
1) Am i missing something and there is a way to get 2-3 times more D shots- ie 150-250?

2) If there isn't currently, will this be fixed/tweaked in the future? I really cannot switch over a 1985 league and have coffey, bourque and co getting 70 shots. A friend of mine is going to be switching a 1993 league over as well if we can get this thing straighten out.

thanks for any help you can provide.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I would to know what others peoples think of that. Thank you.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

Even this year 2006-2007 season there was nine defensemen over 200 shots, so its not just some 80's or early 90's stat thing. I just would be shocked if no one else cared or noticed this.

I have put Forwards with 70 for SC and D with 90+ Sc for example and 94 is the most shots i could get for a D. Bottomline, i really did try to figure out a way with the current engine to raise defensemen shots. I even looked at other leagues to see the d shot totals and they were similiar or lower.

I just think this is a very important issue is why i am pushing it so hard and i really want to use it over the inferior FHL game. I am willing to spend the time to assist in anyway i can if you need it.

Minor issue i can live with, but finances at slider 1 are still quite high. I was trying to use 1985 type salaries and even with cutting ticket prices in half, i still was getting revenue of 15M or so. I am not sure anyone else would care but if its not a hardship can you tweak the finances slider to be more strict? If not, i can live with as is.
Last edited by dkrause71 on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic ... defenseman

There was a thread on this started last year but it changed into a defenseman point thread. I don't have an issue with D points, just D shots. I can alter the SC rating down if they get the proper shots.

BTW i am using the google translation for french to english, so i cannot say i am getting the wording from it 100%
THuRSDay981
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by THuRSDay981 »

I support this idea. Forwards have way too many shots and d-men, way too few, it's not realistic...
NNHL-Commish

Post by NNHL-Commish »

That's true. The ratio is not realistic. I check my stats and the most shots by defensman was 77. So, it could be improve a little.
Hugo
NNHL-Commish
http://www.newnhl.net
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Dans la WCHL, avec les cotes WCHL disponible en download, je vais avoir quelques défenseurs au dessus du 100 lancers dans une saison. Schneider atteindra même le 140. En principe il devrait en avoir plus que 200.

Donc moi aussi je suis en faveur, c'est un peu la même chose qui se produit avec les hits, sauf que le problème c'est qu'il n'y a pas de slides pour les hits, donc c'est impossible de modifier.

La marge pour les shots équivaut à un lancer de plus par match, selon moi les défenseurs ne lancent pas assez au but en situation de PP, on sait que dans la LNH, la majorité des shots et des buts des défenseurs sont en Avantage Numérique. C'est là-dessus que je ferais des modifications.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

plus de shots pour les def c'est ok ...
par contre je ne voudrais pas revoir des def avec
50 buts comme dans les premieres version du STHS
http://qnhl.net
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

Seems pretty clear cut then that many people are seeing the same thing. Sounds like D Shots are clearly too low and shots need to be taking away from the forwards. Not sure how easy a fix this is but it is pretty important for league use. Although, the actually scoring goals with adjusted shots will need to be tested of course.

Hopefully, Simon can get this in the next update. What ya say Simon?

thanks
Jonesey
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Jonesey »

Also, the shots slider could use some work. I have the slider set at 45 and have some games with shots with no more than 17 shots per team, but on the same day each team has more than 45 shots. I have forwards taking 15+ shots a game. Seems a little bit off to me.
Kev
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kev »

Là chose est que si on augmente le nombre de tirs par les defs, il y a de fortes chances que leur nombre de buts (et points) augmente aussi.

The main issue about this proposition is the fact that if D-man shots more, there a big chance they will score more goal and have more points that what they have at the moment... Which is, from my point of view, high enough.
Kevin Belleau
STHS support team / Équipe de support STHS

Président de la LAHSQ
Ancien président de la LVHQ, 2002 - 2007
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

lvhq wrote:Là chose est que si on augmente le nombre de tirs par les defs, il y a de fortes chances que leur nombre de buts (et points) augmente aussi.

The main issue about this proposition is the fact that if D-man shots more, there a big chance they will score more goal and have more points that what they have at the moment... Which is, from my point of view, high enough.
Your post to me sounds like a excuse- well we won't fix it because D points would rise. Thats weak in my book, so a sim we mainly use to simulate the NHL will not have NHL stats is your statement. What good is this game then or the updates when the stats like shots are so off? So fix the shots and then the goals. I am sure its not easy and i am not saying today but it needs to be done.

I mean this nicely, but i could not run a league with such a flaw as D just not shooting. Thats 40% of the position players on the ice not playing as they should and thats not acceptable. Might as well just make it a 3 on 3 game then. Thats not really even mentioning that forwards shoot way to much.

I am sure Simon didn't write this game with the goal of making it non-NHL like and to not generate sales. The more accurate the sim- the more that will switch to this program.

Bottomline, just tell me this will not be fixed and i'll just chalk this up to a waste of 35 CAN. Tell my friends that they wasted 35 CAN and just tell others that this game is not the alternative to FHL or Eastside Hockey.

Simon, if you please, could you address whether this will be done. I would like to hear it from the big guy himself.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

I think defensmen shot are to low ...
I think defensmen points where to high at the begining
I think the STHS is the best 35$ I spent in ALL of 2006
http://qnhl.net
Jonesey
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Jonesey »

If some of the shots that forwards take were taken by defensemen (not the points, just the shots) that would suffice. I know it's prob nearly impossible to code though.
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

Jonesey wrote:If some of the shots that forwards take were taken by defensemen (not the points, just the shots) that would suffice. I know it's prob nearly impossible to code though.
Exactly. Maybe some D goals but pretty much exactly right.