Stats connection to skills

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
Hawkmoon
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Stats connection to skills

Post by Hawkmoon »

Hi everybody!

Have anyone any idea how the stats are connected to the skills? I mean CK means the players make more hits, that is for sure. But the rest? And is it good when a player takes many hits or is it bad? And why are some players hit more than others?

Shots.. SC and maybe PH is important there?

Goals and assists? Well.. PH seems important for making points in combination with other skills such as PA and SC.

SH%? No idea here to be honest. Anyone?

And have you seen any improvements in stats just because a player have good SK? Don't seem to see any good from good skaters but I might be wrong.

ANd what does Style Control means for keepers? I have a theory that keepers with good SC tend to make few mistakes, but that is just a guess...

ST. Have you seen any good coming from players with good ST?

The tactical choices, Physical, Offensive and Defensive - how are they working? And is it a good idea to play with a checking line with good SK, CK and DF? If I play with such a line they tend do let many goals in...

Well.. Many questions, but it would be nice to read what you have to say about it? =)
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Wow... Over 200 wiews and not a single answer for about three months! Must be some kind of record. Are these question impossible to answer or are you guys just lazy? =)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hey, I cannot answer you. ;)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I know. =)

But then maybe I can tell you that i think the player moral in the game works a bit odd...

I mean the moral is a kind of skill where you have added self confidence, form, and how well the player is feeling in the team I guess. But as it is now a team that is loosing a lot in the beginning simply can't turn it around because of the fact that the moral makes the team underachieving. The player morale is to much connectet to the team results I say. I think player morale should tend to drop more common if the team is playing badly, but I still think it should be individual. AS it is now it feels like the whole team get in form or loose the form at the same time which makes good teams much better and bad teams much worse. Can't be supposed to work like that can it?

I mean look at my team at the site http://www.lfhockey.com/lfhockey (Minnesota).

My team was useless in the beginning and now it has started to look somewwhat good but still the moral makes the team udnerachiving. Only the players traded to the team with good moral seem to plays their best hockey. Feels really strange since the player morale seem to be really important.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Morale is the feature that I had and still have the most problem with. It's something that I think it's huge in the hockey and that I really want to include in the STHS. But it's also something that it's really hard to program. In version 1.0.9/1.1, they will be some major improvement on the morale.
-SimonT
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Sounds great! Nice to hear you are aware of the problem. =)
Balinus

Re:

Post by Balinus »

SimonT wrote:Morale is the feature that I had and still have the most problem with. It's something that I think it's huge in the hockey and that I really want to include in the STHS. But it's also something that it's really hard to program. In version 1.0.9/1.1, they will be some major improvement on the morale.
How about adding some random parameters? For example, the morale is 40, but for each game, it could burst up to 15 pts up or down. Less deterministic I tihnk.
SimonT

Re: Stats connection to skills

Post by SimonT »

That issue was fix in the 1.1.* version of the simulator.
-SimonT