Realism issues

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
lhsqf
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Realism issues

Post by lhsqf »

Seriously I am with rovy... top goalies are not playing like top goalies... often the second goalie is better than the 1rst one... I played very often with the sliders to try to fix this. Donc p-e mettre plus d'importance sur les cotes pour les gardiens de but... Bcp de Dgs parlent de ce probleme dans ma ligue et j'ai remarqué ceci dans d'autres ligues... J'aime voir les surprises d'un gardien qui est 2eme et qui est bon mais je trouve que sa l'arrive souvent. Sinon tres bon travail Simon j'adore le simu.
Prez de www.lhsqf.com
[email protected] pour joindre la ligue.
CNGHL Angus

Post by CNGHL Angus »

Rovy wrote:Obviously that 1% is eluding you.

I don't CARE about winning or losing. I want realistic results, and a goalie who puts up .900+ save % one day, followed by 5 goals on 16 shots is NOT realistic.
Have you watched Luongo lately? Apparently STHS is more realistic than you relaize. :lol:
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

CNGHL Angus wrote:Have you watched Luongo lately? Apparently STHS is more realistic than you relaize. :lol:
:D :) 8) :lol: :P
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

The guy's wife just had a baby, so the sim players have simulated wives too???
CNGHL Angus

Post by CNGHL Angus »

I think the point more is that nobody can predict with 100% certainty when a player will have an "off night." Not in real life and most certainly not in a random number generator like a hockey simulator. If you want 100% predictability, buy a PS3, plug in NHL 2008 and set it on "Easy Mode."
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

Actually, what we are realizing in my league is that if you roll 4 lines, you can expect not so great stats from your goalie. If you roll only three lines however, your goalie will perform quite well.
Rovy
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Rovy »

Bringing the Luongo situation tells me that I'm cannot stop insulting people and be respectful in any of my post. Simon always have to edit remove my insult.

First, lets look at the team. The Vancouver Canucks right now are basically a HALF AHL team. They're an average team when everyone's healthy, and they're missing some key pieces. On the contrary, in the league, my team is completely healthy, and #2 in league scoring, #2 in shots against (but NOT goals against).

Now, lets take a look at Luongo specifically. Despite his recent stretch, and the WEAK team in front of him for long periods this season, Luongo is still #10 in GAA (top 1/3rd), and #11th, 1 thousandth back of 7th in Save %. Yes, he's had a rough STRETCH, but over the long haul, he HAS been consistant.

Conversely, my goalie has been consistant ONLY in his inconsistancy. He'll have a .900+ save % game, followed by a .820, followed by a game being pulled after 5 or 6 goals on 15-25 shots.

Now again, looking at the Luongo situation. He has started the last THIRTY (30!) games. Included in that time was the worry of his wife's pregnancy, the situation of travelling ACROSS the continent on an off day to be WITH his wife, having the baby, and travelling BACK across the continent to start the next game. It's no wonder mentally he may not have been there, besides physically. To put this in relation to the sim, his CON would be below 96 for sure.

Again, my goalie has started maybe 10 straight, and due to a lower tiredness factor, has once dropped below 99 (98, followed by an OFF day). All but 2 or 3 games he has been at 100.

You're right on something. You don't know what days players will have an off day. And even less so with a simulator based upon a random number generator. However, a good programmer writes algorithims so you get CONSISTANT results, which leads to realistic results.

Apparently, instead of doing that, Simon would rater waste his time posting stupid smiley faces....
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Rovy wrote:You're right on something. You don't know what days players will have an off day. And even less so with a simulator based upon a random number generator. However, a good programmer writes algorithims so you get CONSISTANT results, which leads to realistic results.

Apparently, instead of doing that, Simon would rater waste his time posting stupid smiley faces....
You don't love my smiley face? You don't like people who think positively like me? You prefer to insult people and forcing me to edit your insult yet another time.

Do you really think I only use random number generator? Then all team would finished near the .500 PCT. Strangely, it's not happening in the STHS.
Do you really think I only use algorithms? Then simulating the same game would always give the same result. Strangely, it's not happening in the STHS.
Do you think I use algorithms with a random number? That would never give the same result and team would have a very different result at the end of season.

Now, if you think for a moment, and I'm sure you can do that, you'll see I use algorithms with a random number.

But I'm sure you still believe I'm a fool, stupid and so on. Of course, you are the god of hockey, you put over 1100 hours of work in this simulator; over 200 hours of those 1100 hours to tweak the algorithms and you achieve success by selling over 500 licenses of you own hockey simulator. You know everything about hockey, about programming, about the life of professional hockey player. You can predict who will win the Stanley Cup in 2017 because you can predict all hockey game! Every pass, hits, goals in every game, you can predict them from A to Z. You could take kids of 15 years old and have them win the Stanley cup without losing one game because you can coach them a strategy that nobody else could beat.

Sorry, you are the god and I'm just a programmer who love hockey and made a hockey simulator.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français