Free Agent Program

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
dmon69
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Free Agent Program

Post by dmon69 »

Is there anyone, that would created a Free Agent program that would analyse offers received to players than later on would decide which team and what offer the player will accept? A little bit like the FA program that exist with FHL?

Please let me know as I would be interested.
Yves
RFHL Commissioner
http://newrfhl.net/
twhl
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Free Agent Program

Post by twhl »

I need help with this too. Anyone?
jelaliberte

Post by jelaliberte »

twhl wrote:I need help with this too. Anyone?
Je relance la question, ça m'intéresse moi aussi!

I'm interested too! Someone have an answer?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The V2 has the feature to check if the offer is fair or not. ;)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
dhasek00

Post by dhasek00 »

SimonT wrote:The V2 has the feature to check if the offer is fair or not. ;)
I am having an issue with this.

I used a random contract length and salary for my players...
When GMs go to offer a contract to a player they see what salary they are currently making and try to match that amount.

However when I use the analyzer to check if it's fair, the amount they thought was correct was way off from the player's actual "worth"...
What is the formula that the sim takes to calculate their worth? Or at least make it so that it shows their worth in the Free Agents screen rather than what they making already. This way the GM always knows what they really should be offering.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The formula check for players near the same OV and make an average of those players salaries.
-SimonT
dhasek00

Post by dhasek00 »

SimonT wrote:The formula check for players near the same OV and make an average of those players salaries.
So is there a way for the GMs to know what this asking price is?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

No. The function is not made for that. It made to help commish accept or refuse an offer.
-SimonT
dhasek00

Post by dhasek00 »

SimonT wrote:No. The function is not made for that. It made to help commish accept or refuse an offer.
Right I understand that. However, there should be another calculation in the Free Agent screen for the GMs to make a fair offer. That way, if a GM low-balls a player and get denied, then they will know why.

The way it is now I have player A making X salary. The GM goes to the Free Agent screen, clicks on player A, and sees the salary listed as X. The GM then makes an offer to the player based on this amount. When the commish goes to review the offers he sees that player A should be making z salary and should not accept any of the GMs offers.

The problem is that the GMs never see the Z amount. It's like they are looking at the salary that the player used to make and never talked to the player's agent to see what they really wanted or deserved. The GM needs to know their value, not just the commissioner. Do you see where I am coming from? After they see the real value and offer a contract based on it... Then the commish should be able to go in and see if their offer matches that value to see if it's fair.

I have GMs coming to me asking if the player was signed and I have to tell them that their offer was 1 million short of the asking price. They tell me "oh I just saw an amount on the Free Agent screen and matched it".

I don't want to approve offers when the sim tells me not to just because a different part of it misinformed the GM.

I hope that clears up the issue.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

From my point of view, if the GM has access to this, it's way too easy for them to keep their free agents.
-SimonT
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by gab_3020 »

dhasek00 wrote:I don't want to approve offers when the sim tells me not to just because a different part of it misinformed the GM.
[/quote]

I think it's the commish's job to inform his GMs.... If you have a couple of GMs that don't pay attention, then they should be penalized as they did not follow instructions/remarks.
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.
dhasek00

Post by dhasek00 »

gab_3020 wrote:
dhasek00 wrote:I don't want to approve offers when the sim tells me not to just because a different part of it misinformed the GM.

I think it's the commish's job to inform his GMs.... If you have a couple of GMs that don't pay attention, then they should be penalized as they did not follow instructions/remarks.
It's not the Commish's job to act as the player's agent though. I shouldn't have to tell the GMs that the player wanted X amount instead of what he was listed for.

I don't see why the sim can't be changed for this. In real-life, the GM knows exactly how much the player wants because the agent tells them "my client wants X amount at Z years". After that there are bidding wars from teams.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Add a Printer Players Salary Request Button in the Free Agents Windows. This function will print in the transaction log the salary request for all players available as free agents.
-SimonT
dhasek00

Post by dhasek00 »

SimonT wrote:Add a Printer Players Salary Request Button in the Free Agents Windows. This function will print in the transaction log the salary request for all players available as free agents.
Thank you :D
francois1979

Post by francois1979 »

Bonjour,

je peux faire un tel logiciel. C'est assez simple à faire. Je vais le faire exactement selon vos spécifications (s'il y a une formule afin de déterminer la meilleure offre ou autre restriction).

Le premier avec qui je fais ce logiciel va coûter seulement 5 $. Vous pourrez ensuite conserver ce logiciel.

François