Defensemen shot %

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
dkrause71
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Defensemen shot %

Post by dkrause71 »

Simon,

In the sims i ran using your version 1 (various versions of it), and the limited searching i did of the leagues on your forums the defensemen shooting percentages and assists seems a tad high. Mainly the shooting percentages. The defenseman are shooting close to the same percentages as the forwards. As someone very excited about V2, i was wondering of the defensemen shooting percentages are lower on V2. Since you did so many test sims. Could you post a season of results with the new version? I would be anxious to see how the new engine works with results and to check the defensemen shooting percentages.

Also, i do realize the higher the SC rating the better they are at goal scoring but if you lower it too much, they also do not shoot enough- ie low shot totals. Generally, i am looking for about 40% lower goals on shots attempted with D men. So if 10% made, looking for 6% made for example.

Maybe could have sliders for forwards goals, shots, etc and Defensemen goals, shots, etc in a future version.

Thanks- Big fan of your work.

Don
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Defensemen shot %

Post by SimonT »

In V2, I tweak the formula of the simulator to get the real NHL Number of 2008-2009 (Source www.nhl.com). I try to get those number.

DefenseVSForwardShot (25.7%)
DefenseVSForwardGoal (14.6%)
DefenseVSForwardShotBlock (64.6%)
DefenseVSForwardHitsTook (40%)
DefenseVSForwardHits (36%)
DefenseVSForwardAssists (30%)
Fight (658)
Faceoff (70420)
FaceoffPerMatch (57.25)
Goal (6989)
GoalPerGame (5.68)
PPGoal= (1938)
PPAttemp (10228)
PP% (18.94)
PKGoal (235)
Shot (74298)
ShotPerGame (60.31)
PIM (33849)
Hits (51558)
ShotBlock (32324)

With my test rating and all sliders at 50, I was able to get those numbers all the times. I'm trying to give a tool to rating creator so they can provide users with the best slider for their rating.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français