Injuries In A Cap World

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
JJOli
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Injuries In A Cap World

Post by JJOli »

Simon would you consider putting in something to stop payment to injured players? It is just something to play around with so teams don't lose money for services not rendered.

Two of my top players have played a total of 11/51 games and are good for $7.6 mil. Their point totals are 5 goals + 4 assists. I would love to have seen them play more often, my team would be totally different. :cry:

At present I have another top player that will be out for 3 months at $2+ mil.

Is it common practice to have recovery time reduced by 1 point per day for sims? Is that related to a player's rating?

Thanks,
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Injuries In A Cap World

Post by Violent Ed »

It is there.

In league options, the PLAYERS TAB, the is a "Remove Exclude From Payroll At 95 of Condition" box that when checked will remove a players salary from payroll when a players CD goes below 95.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

The settings are different in each league. I believe i have mine set for 85, which means when a players condition is under 85 his salary no longer counts toward the teams cap, This way teams can bring players up from the farm without have too many problems with the cap. Now with that said once the players CD goes above that then his salary goes back to counting towards the cap.
JJOli

Post by JJOli »

Really? I was completely unaware of this. :oops:

Thanks guys. :D
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by gab_3020 »

it does not count towards the caps but does it come out of your bank account still? NHL teams have insurance for LTIR.
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

what would be great is that you can mark the player as IR and be able to mark as off IR when CD is at least 95. The WHOLE time the player is on IR, the salary should not count.

And I agree that while salary cap is not affected, it should come out of the bank anyways!
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

If you want to remove a players at 85 or below from payroll, you have to go to each players manually and check the checkbox that says exclude from payroll.

I think that the "Remove exclude from payroll at 95" will uncheck this checkbox automaticly when a player gets 95cd.

Didn't tested it yet, but it would be logical
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by gab_3020 »

An injured Reserve would be an AWESOME feature.

for example, it would enbale me to get a player from the farm up and not play my 98 Condition star player just because my cap wont let me.

for example, I'm 200K under the cap with 20 players.

a player is injured/exhausted but not enough to be off the cap (let's say 96 Condition)

I want to replace him with a farm player for one game. I put my Player on IR for 1 game. so his salary comes off the cap for that time being.

Would be way more efficient than a 'remove when condition under' feature. Also brings a whole new dimension for the sim in what I think is fairly simple!
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.
dhasek00

Post by dhasek00 »

When I played Eastside Hockey Manager, IR worked pretty well. When a player was injured, we could put that guy on IR but he had to stay there for at least 7 days. After the 7 days went by if he was ok to play then he could be reactivated. During the IR time, the cap hit doesn't count AND the maximum roster size isn't affected. Made it very easy to manage the roster.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

starfrit wrote:If you want to remove a players at 85 or below from payroll, you have to go to each players manually and check the checkbox that says exclude from payroll.

I think that the "Remove exclude from payroll at 95" will uncheck this checkbox automaticly when a player gets 95cd.

Didn't tested it yet, but it would be logical
That statement is correct.

The salary cap is very different in V2 that in V1. You are be over the cap during a period of the year only if at the end of year, you are ok with the cap.

I'm not familiar with IR. Does it exist in NHL. Anyone got the link?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
flutie89
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by flutie89 »

IR exist in NHL, but I don't know how it works....
You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows, when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him!
That's a team, gentleman!
Al Pacino - Any Given Sunday
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

Right from the NHL rules.

In the event that a player is injured and a Club wishes to place him on the Injured Reserve List the Club must follow these procedures:

1. A club may place a player on the Injured Reserve List if such player is injured, disabled or ill and unable to perform his duties as a hockey player after having passed the Club's initial physical examination in that season.
2. A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minimum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.
3. A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days.

Players on Injured Reserve may attend team meetings and meals, travel with the team and participate in practices.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Place in my ToDo List
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

Never noticed or not, but is this a 'bug' so to speak in version 1 (1.1.7)? I question that now as the problem has arised for the first time for our league. A team has 6 injuries and is at $56,485,000 and the cap is $57,000,000. The injuried players have a combined salary of $11,527,000, so he should be able to bring up players from scratched with no issues, but he can not as the injured players salary counts towards the cap (apparently). Can anything be done to rectify this? Am I missing an option here, or is it only being looked at now for V2?
STHS Version 3.4.0.0
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

In the sim options # 1 Tab, In the payroll box, What do you have the "Remove When Condition Under" set at ?

If it is set at least say 85, and the player's CD is above that amount then their salary still counts towards the cap. Only player's who CD is under that amount will it then not count. So if they have 6 players injured and they are all at 90 CD then the sim would be working fine and this would not be a bug. You would then need to adjust your "Remove When Condition Under" amount.