help needed to test roster creator for V2

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
myRPHA.com
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: help needed to test roster creator for V2

Post by myRPHA.com »

I hope your wife is OK and everything works out. Yes, I have been helping but near as much as I would like to. Once this weekend is over with though, I should be available again to help test, etc. I'll email you on Monday.
Stephen Clow
RPHA Administrator (Ret.)

http://www.myRPHA.ca
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

Just a little update for everyone. I am testing the creator as much as I can. I have a few people helping out but as always in summer they are just as busy as I am. :) My wife is at home but still needs rest so I am looking after the kids and this gives me little time to test and code but I have someone willing to help there. To top it off I am off on holiday for three weeks next week (my wife is a teacher after all ...)

If I can't complete it by Friday I will just release it as it is and when I come back I will add all the extra features that need to be in it. Of course I would love to hear all the feedback I can when I do as it can be improved greatly I am sure.

So it will be released on Friday in beta form for you all to trash ;)
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

Sadly I had hoped to work on the creator more this week but I have been able to. So I am going to release it ..... but keep in mind it is not finished and still very much in BETA!

Simon you are welcome to set it up in your links but PLEASE add that it is still in beta mode. I have more to add to it.

http://thenutworks.com/sths-player-creator.html

enjoy and LEAVE feedback what you like and don't like.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Link create.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

very nice work !!! 8)
http://qnhl.net
M.R.L.84

Post by M.R.L.84 »

I tested your creator a little and think it is really great!

And I have some comments/questions:
1. Are your planning on programming an option to save our settings? Because I would like to do tests of multiple rosters with different settings to see which one I prefer. But, now I would have to change all the settings each time I want to try creating another set of rosters.
2. Are you going to do a Coach Creator too? It would be a nice add. :)
3. It would be nice if we could choose at what age a player is considered rookie.

That is all for now. :P
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

well I just got back from holiday and last night was testing version 9.11 ;)

I would like a save setting function. that is in the plans.

I am going to make this into a version 1 player creator as well and I guess making a coach creator wouldn't be too hard.
I am going to allow you to change the rookie age. I only slapped it in quickly.

Right now I am testing. Looking at the effects that a stat might have over a season. Right now I am having a few problems creating some styles of players ... in relation to what they should do on the sim. It seems to me that DF is a very important skill as the player progress up the lines. A first line d player with 60's in defense even if the rest of the skills are in the 90's ... will be a - player in +/- so much to test first!! Simon ... more questions coming lol

oh a league I am in needs a new webpage in the next month and a re rater ..... but I will have time to keep working on this. I have so much to do before I start work again in 2 months ... oh the life of a teacher!