Mono Client in Mac OSX: League File load Error --

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
hfnhl
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Mono Client in Mac OSX: League File load Error --

Post by hfnhl »

Simon - I, and the other Mac users who are using the Mono Client under Mac OS are having problems loading our league file. Please see the error messages attached.

http://www.hfnhl.com/STHS/Error1.png
http://www.hfnhl.com/STHS/Error2.png

I also posted instructions in another thread which I think will be helpful (and perhaps can be included in the client download) and have allowed all our league users to use the client.

Thanks

Matthew
Sim Manager
http://www.hfnhl.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Mono Client in Mac OSX: League File load Error --

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

This issue will be fix only when I release the next client version. It's because of change I did in 0.9.10 that are copy in the STHS Client File. Under Windows, it work well but it seem that under Mono, it failed.

To fix the issue temporary, you could use the 0.9.9 Simulator to output the STHS Client file for those 2 users.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
hfnhl

Post by hfnhl »

Thank You!

Excellent work. We have five or six Mac users and a Linux user who are all very excited to use the new client for our upcoming season.

M
vince

Post by vince »

With the 0.9.11 version available, was this problem supposed to be solved? I installed the 0.9.11 client for mono and got a file from my league manager (also using the latest release of the simulator) and I still can't load our league file.

thx
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The problem should be solved using 0.9.11 for Mono if you are league manager is using 0.9.10 or 0.9.11.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
fchagnon

Post by fchagnon »

My league is migrating from FHL to STHS next season so I'm experimenting with running the client app under mono using OS X 1.5. I'm running 0.9.11.11 of the V2 client under mono, and am seeing the same exceptions posted above.

Two show-stopping issues I seem to have are:

1. If I load the client application with no league file present it starts fine, and I am able to load the league .STC manually with no issues. Subsequent attempts to run the application result in an apparent inifite loop as the STHS client tries to automatically load the league files. The only way around this is to move the .STC file to another location, run the client and load them manually again.

2. Program freezes at the "Please Wait" pop-up window when I attempt to save my lines to a file.

Are there any Mac/Mono users out there experiencing similar issues?

Thanks / Merci.

Fred C.
mathineau
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by mathineau »

I've been experiencing the same first issue as you, where the Client infinitely load the file. Perhaps, I'm using Mono on Ubuntu.
fchagnon

Post by fchagnon »

Does anyone use the mono client without issue? If so, what OS?