Draft Picks missing for future season

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
SCHL Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Draft Picks missing for future season

Post by SCHL Commish »

I'm not sure if this would come under a bug report for V1 or V2, so I decided to try and explain it here and see if I can get some direction. We recently upgraded to V2 for next season. Trying to get a head start, I decided to start preparing V2 for the changeover. However, there's a glitch in my V1 which had all the picks missing for the upcoming entry draft. That would be for our Year 14. The picks are fine for succedding years, it's just year 14 that appears blank. No picks, no teams. I wasn't too concerned, but then I realized I needed to run an entry draft in order to do the V1 export. It appears that skipping the draft is not an option. When I selected the entry draft option, it does not show any teams or picks. However, I can't export to V2 without running a draft. Is there a work around for this problem? Any direction would be very helpful and most appreciated.
Jonathan Smith
The SCHL Commissioner
www.theschl.com
[email protected]
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Draft Picks missing for future season

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

In the V2, you can run the "Created New Draft Pick" command. It's dangerous. Please save your league before, run it answering the question and check the result. If you are unhappy with the result, close the STHS without saving and try again until your find the correct answer to the question.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
SCHL Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by SCHL Commish »

The problem is that I can't export v1 to v2 without doing an entry draft in v1 first. Since the picks and teams are missing, I get a subscript out of range error if I try to make a selection. If I can find a way to complete the draft, then I can export to v2. That's what I'm trying to do. So the dilemma is getting v1 prepared to make the transfer. The only thing I came up with so far is to run a mock season and get to the next draft. I'm fine doing this as long as I can re-number the seasons so I'm not completely missing season #14. I'm not worried about the picks, as I can work around that. I just don't want to have that gap in the seasons if I can help it. Any suggestions?
Jonathan Smith
The SCHL Commissioner
www.theschl.com
[email protected]
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The "Created New Draft Pick" command also exist in the V1. ;)

Give it a try.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français