Couple Questions for Commish New to STHS

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Null
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Couple Questions for Commish New to STHS

Post by Null »

Hey Guys, I'm an ex-commish, and the web developer for a long time FHL league (15+ seasons), and we are looking into the possibility of switching to STHS. I've got a few questions I'm hoping I can get clarified. Sorry if the info is already somewhere else, I tried to look around a bit first.

1) We have a custom online lines editor, is it possible to write lines files for STHS or tie into that process, so that we could continue to use an online interface for this task? If not, is there any future plan to allow this?

2) We use a custom re-rate tool that reads and writes roster data to re-rate players. Would something similar be possible with STHS? Is it possible to export to CSV, do changes, then re-import perhaps?

3) Is there any detailed documentation regarding the STHS API and what its capabilities are?
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Couple Questions for Commish New to STHS

Post by Kitsune »

I can answer #2 ... and thats definitely possible. Its how my league plan's on doing it.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1. Not possible.
2. Totally possible and very easy.
3. The STHS API is simply a VB.Net Project with rebuild code that allow you read the STHS XML files. From there, you can do what you want with the data.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

I know you said text lines are not possible... but what about an option to import a csv lines? I noticed you continue to expand the options with what we can do with csv files, and that would be a nice ability to have.
Null
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Null »

Thanks for the reply Simon. There no plans to make lines files submittable by other means I take it? Would be nice to just be able to write out some xml or something that the sim could read as lines....saves GMs having to install a program for times they just need a quick lines update (and/or can't install said program, at work ect.).
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I have no plan at all to make lines files submittable by others means that the STHS Client.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français