Question about future versions

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
36Henry
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Question about future versions

Post by 36Henry »

Are there plans for the future to have the "Sim" not be completely random but actually Sim games based on ratings? That is to say, will good teams be able to consistently beat bad teams or should GMs be encouraged to trade their good players for useless ones that are more effective in the simulation of games?

As someone who has been playing and running these leagues for 8 years I've never been more sick of it than this year. How can you look your paying customers in the eye when you're selling them a product that clearly doesn't work as it is expected to work? The old FHL software, as bad as it was, at least knew how to tell the difference between good players and not so good players. Your Sim isn't just completely random, it even benefits poor players over good players.

I know there has been numerous people on here with the same complaints before and everywhere you look there are leagues where the worst teams are near the top of the standings while great teams can't even get into the playoffs.

Now you're gonna come back with the old "I'm not a paying customer so why do I care" argument. I care because even if I haven't (thank God) spent any money on your product, I have spent (as has many many more non-paying customers) spent just as many hours as you have building the Sim on building my league and my team and to then have your software completely nullify the hours and hours of effort its taken to build a good team and a good league is pissing a lot of people off. I've read on this forum before how league's have lost GM's because of how poor the Sim is and we're seeing it in my league too now. And that has been running perfectly for 7 years until your product came along.

So the question is, will your Sim in the future continue to simulate games the same way where the best players are dominated by teams of crap, or can we expect a Simulator in the future that will actually produce somewhat realistic results? I'd just like to know so that I don't waste any more time on a hobby that you so effectively is taking all the fun right out of. After FHL went down your Sim was a lifesaver and kept us going all these years, now you're ruining it.
jwr38

Re: Question about future versions

Post by jwr38 »

Simon has been told about these problems and for a while it didn't look like he was going to do anything. Simon did have a Gadhafi moment for a while where he was surrounded by people telling him how great the sim was but unable to see the underlying problems. and since he was the only one with a sim (power) he did nothing.

Good news is he is building a new engine. I have no idea what he is doing. Before this new engine was being developed I tested this game and found many game based problems. I was pretty much ignored by simon so I gave up trying to help out. Last week Simon mailed me and asked if I would do some tests again. Which you can see in the beta forum I have done. Surprisingly I have had no replies from anyone so being asked to test and no replies ...... So I have hope that this time things with the game engine will be improved but each day I check and no one is even commenting on my findings I am beginning to see the writing on the wall.
mjrak

Post by mjrak »

You're outburst is likely 6 months past due. Simon has already taken many steps to correct the v2 sim issues, including giving the commish the option to use the v1.1 of the sim engine instead of the v2. I'd recommend to the commish to make that switch until he can test a newly released v2 of the sim engine once it is complete.

Just my two cents, but the outburst is out of place at this point in time since Simon has already taken steps to correct it.

Mike
WHL Commissioner - Est. 2004
http://www.whlsim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Read here if you want to test the v21 engine : http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8166
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français