Opinions - Exporting / Importing Ratings?

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
JaykaShman
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Opinions - Exporting / Importing Ratings?

Post by JaykaShman »

I wanted to know what would work best, if anyone has tried to do the same thing in the past. Any opinions or ideas are welcome advice.

What I want to do..

Using STHS 1.1.2 I want to take the ratings for players in my league, keep the ratings of players that are under contract the same, update ratings for players not under contract and add ratings for new players that didn't exist before.

What I gather I need to do is..

Output the playerratings.csv. Sort the players in that file and sort players in the new file. Take ratings of unsigned players from the new file and replace them over their old ratings. Copy new names to the playerratings.csv file with their ratings. Import the updated playerratings.csv file into STHS.

Is there an easier way to do it without having to do up Excel formulas using v and h look up or manually changing each player?

Might I suggest if it doesn't already exist, is the ability to take a .csv file with only say 10 players in it and add it to the existing player database, replacing ratings for duplicate names and just adding new names and their ratings. If that exists, I apologize but I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.

- Jay
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Opinions - Exporting / Importing Ratings?

Post by SimonT »

Take the Rating Output Fonction to extract the CSV (and not the playerratings.csv).

Erase player who are under contrat.
Modify the rating for others players.
Add new players.

Reimport in STHS.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français