0.9.4 - Possible issues in Full season simming

This section contains all the bug reports that have been solved in version 2 or version 3. / Cette section contient tous les rapports d'erreur qui ont été résolu dans la version 2 ou version 3.
dkrause71
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

0.9.4 - Possible issues in Full season simming

Post by dkrause71 »

Some other things i have run into with over 50 season long sims-

1) On a few teams. The exact same players are missing tons of games. When i stop the sim- those players show on the pro roster but do not show on the lines. The slot on the line is just blank where the player would be.

For example- Richter of the Flames who is easily the #1 G- only plays a few games, each season. Same with a few #1 goalies in the league. Its always the same guys and they are always the clear #1 G on their teams. It also happens with some players- Flames again, Bourque and some others always play a few games and do not play the rest of the season. They are not injured.

I am wondering if its certain team number- say team 5 or whatever when created that could have an issue. I am not sure what else it could be because when i trade Bourque and Richter to a team that doesn't have the problem, they both play a normal amount and the guys that came to Calgary have the same issue that Richter and Bourque had.

2) Some teams will have a flood of farm guys come up to pro scratch. I am not really sure why. You'll see the normal 20 on pro, then another 10 or whatever on pro scratch. Seems unless you have injures- the farm guys should stay on farm.

3) Could be my ratings- but the highest two rated players- Gretzky and Lemiuex who are 90+ (adjusted OV formula) in OV really struggle to score based on that rating but a Ray Ferraro who is a 78 will lead the league. This is in cases where the guys all have similar minutes and Wayne and Mario have better linemates. Likely just my rosters, but drives me crazy. Now and then Wayne or Mario will be top 10 Cs.

If 1 and 2 are issues, i assume they are just issues in using full season sims and maybe no one cares. Since i am testing the file to start a league, i am doing alot of test sims to see how things go.

Simon-
I would think if 1 and 2 are issues, i would think you would see them with any roster files. Maybe the next time you sim- see if any #1 goalies are getting alot unless than normal ice time. If if some do- maybe just note them for the next full season sim you do. You don't see that at all, then i guess something on my end.

Thanks- Don
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Possible issues in Full season simming

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Are you simming with injure on and suspension activate? This could explain easily explain #2 and at some part #1.

For #3, OV had nothing to do in the STHS. The scoring depend on hundred of variable.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

I have done both- simmed with injuries on and off. I just ran a sim with injuries off for for example. Most the #1 type goalies played 84 games (the max), but guys like Richter again played 20 or so. Same with defensemen- all the normals like Coffey, MacInnis, Stevens played the 84 but Bourque again at 20.

I also ran a sim with both suspensions and injuries off after the one above. Similar results. The same goalies sat- richter, cujo. A few guys. The same players in played around 20 games or so.

Could it be just this file? Do you get any clear cut #1 Goalies or players sitting?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Send me your league file and I'll check.
-SimonT
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

Will do, this last sim with suspensions and Injuries off- Richter and Bourque played alot more games. But then it was other #1 goalies and stars who sat for most the season. Cujo and MacLean play only 10 games, Gretzky 3, etc. I am emailing now.
SimonT

Re: 0.9.4 - Possible issues in Full season simming

Post by SimonT »

The issue is now fixed. The short fix is to select the “Disable Multiple Line in Row” option when simulating full season. The long term fix is that the CheckLineEmpty function was not working at all and it was causing some issue.
-SimonT