Some more thoughts

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
dkrause71
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Some more thoughts

Post by dkrause71 »

These are issues, ideas i came across. I looked in the solved problems first. Sorry if some are repeaters as i cannot read french.

1) If you edit any rating on a goalie, his potential changes too.

2) At least in my testing, team PP percentage are very high- the league average is around 22%. Should be closer to 18%. I just simmed the jarub league file from the download section and his was 24%

3) On the players individual pages- IE edit player- can we get the contracts listed in dollars? commas would help even.

4) On full season simming, it seems once a player is up from the farm- he stays up even if under the waiver allowance. Could it be changed that a player under the waiver allowance be forced back to the farm instead of scratched?

5) Can the players chosen for PK be based more on DF than other factors, or maybe create a PK specific rating down the road? Seems the AUTO/CPU just chooses the highest rated instead. For example guys like Kris Draper with a 75 DF are not chosen over a 52 DF Mike Gartner.

Thanks as always Simon
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Some more thoughts

Post by Violent Ed »

#4 is interesting.

I find the sim pulls up enough players so that the roster MAXIMUM is achieved. Seems the sim just randomly pulls players up from the farm. This creates a waiver issue then.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

dkrause71 wrote:
2) At least in my testing, team PP percentage are very high- the league average is around 22%. Should be closer to 18%. I just simmed the jarub league file from the download section and his was 24%

5) Can the players chosen for PK be based more on DF than other factors, or maybe create a PK specific rating down the road? Seems the AUTO/CPU just chooses the highest rated instead. For example guys like Kris Draper with a 75 DF are not chosen over a 52 DF Mike Gartner.

Agreed.

During my season, whatever I did, the PP always were way too high.

I understand Auto-lines is meant to be stupid, but this greatly penalizes teams who have injuries in the first game of a two-day sim, when an injury occurs.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1. Issue Fix.
2. I found out also. I’ll do some test for next build.
3. Sorry, this textbox is number only, no comma, no dot or no dollars sign allowed. 
4. When the auto-roster function is run, it will send players to farm. But if the players must go on waiver, the auto-roster function will not send him to farm. It’s pretty obvious in full season because it’s very easy for a player to play more that 10 pro game and being stuck pro because of the Waiver Minimum Games being set to 10 by default. If you are able to send me league file what really show that a player should be send to farm and the sim doesn’t, I’ll check them out.
5. You are too late for rating creation. Sorry.

Since there is a few question in here, I’ll move this topic to question forum.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français