Staggered Contracts and Cap Hit

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
WSHLGM
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Staggered Contracts and Cap Hit

Post by WSHLGM »

Hi,

Sorry if this is already somewhere on the board but I just have a question regarding the staggered contracts option (which I really like). It seems if you do elect to offer a player a front or back loaded contract, the program doesn't average the salary out to an average cap hit.. for example.

year 1 - 1,000,000
year 2 - 3,000,000
year 3 - 5,000,000
year 4 - 8,000,000

cap hit should be 4.25 a year; however, on the finance page it says 1,000,000...next season it will most likely say 3,000,000

Is there any way to fix this?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Staggered Contracts and Cap Hit

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

You are correct. The only way to fix it to modifyed the salaries per year to make 4.25 each year. I don't see why I would take this function and put it back like V1 for salary cap. Some people will disagree with me but the main idea of this function is to separate the salary cap differently per year and not only the real cost for a team because finance in the simulator are really less important that in real life. I know it's against NHL rules but making the calculation in the simulator will be hard and I cannot imagine users trying to double-check my formula themselves.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: Staggered Contracts and Cap Hit

Post by gab_3020 »

C'est pas plus grave mais en principe ça ne sert donc à absolument rien d'avoir des contrats qui sont étalés et non équivalents d'années en années...

Ça enlève un peu de réalisme amsi bon, sa presse pas mais éventuellement, moi personnellement, j'aimerais pouvoir voir cela... Les finances et le cap salarial en principe devrait être 2 choses séparées.
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.