V2 from FHL

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
ICHL Commish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

V2 from FHL

Post by ICHL Commish »

I'm about to make the move from FHL to V2. I'm sure this is going to be a long thread as I go through the process. I did peruse the forums, and I haven't seen a thorough how to posted there. I am reading the manuals.

I know I need to go from FHL -> V1, then V1 -> V2.

If there is a post with a step-by-step, I apologize, but would appreciate a point to that post.

I'm looking forward to a quick, smooth, efficient migration to STHS.

I'm guessing this is the correct order? I'm finished my season, planning on doing expansion this year to add extra complications as well.

-finish season (done)
-expansion draft - move players
-move to V1
-align league
-put in all GM info, trade draft picks/assets, set money, get it essentially ready to go run a season
-entry draft
-move to V2

I keep reading that I can't export from V1 until the entry draft is complete. Is this correct? I'm leery about doing so much work without the ability to save in V1.

I want to be at the easiest point in my offseason to make the migration with as little complications as possible.

What other tips are out there for making this massive migration smooth?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: V2 from FHL

Post by SimonT »

Actually, I would go another way.

-finish season (done)
-entry draft in FHL
-move to V1
-select the Skip Draft Option (This is the part I’m not totally sure)
-move to V2
-align league
-put in all GM info, trade draft picks/assets, set money, get it essentially ready to go run a season
-expansion draft - move players

You cannot export from V1 until entry draft is complete unless you run with Skip Draft Option. If your case, you need that option select before exporting from V1. I would limit the number of action in V1 to the strict minimum (Import FHL Files and Import Players). I suggest that most of the information reload is done in V2.

P.S. Otherwise, you can drop me an email with your FHL file and I’ll gladly help you.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ICHL Commish

Post by ICHL Commish »

Bought and paid for... and in transition, I need to see a full season *tested* in order to help set the simulator's settings, and implement the new rules for the new sim.

However, when I try to simulate a full season, I can't get more than a day without an error (roster error usually) after a single day. I can't go auto-rosters every bloody day, so how can I effectively run a full season?

Also, is there an IR feature?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

You are probably simulating with 10 days in row. Click the "Disable Multiple Lines in a Row" option.
-SimonT
ICHL Commish

Post by ICHL Commish »

Tried that, and get 5 days, then it stalls, and says that I'm trying to simulate a day that has already been played.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

What version of the sim are you using? I know I had a version who give this error. :(
-SimonT
ICHL Commish

Post by ICHL Commish »

0-9-6

Just downloaded a couple days ago.

I'm green... just trying to simulate a season so I can get the settings similar to my FHL settings, to keep some consistency from FHL.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Ok then I suggest you remove injury and suspension when doing that. For the error you are getting, are you playing with full farm on? I have some issue with farm. They will be fixed in 0.9.7.
-SimonT