Salary Cap? How Does it Work in V2?

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Salary Cap? How Does it Work in V2?

Post by SimonT »

I was ask to hurry but my answer was V2 is still on limited support and anyway, the new build of V2 will only be release in end of February, beguinning of Mars.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

Thank you. I try the converters, but they don't pick up on slang and stuff like that.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

I just told Simon fixing this quickly would be appreciated because it's a major issue, he replied by saying he still offer limited support on V2, he will probably check that out late febuary, early march
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I’m running over this thread and I’ll go over most comments. Please note that this post is based on code for version 0.9.5. I redid half the salary check code so players’ salaries are paid each day instead of each game. I also double-check my code everywhere in the simulator where information about salary cap is important. Also, please note that if your schedule doesn’t have the same number of days in pro than in farm, the daily % of the player’s salaries will be different. For example, a players with 1,000,000 of salaries in a farm league with 50 days will be paid 20,000$ per days but if you have a pro schedule with 125 days, this players in the pro will be paid 8000$ per days. So if you raise a player from the pro from the farm after 50 days in the farm, the players total salaries will be 1,600,000 (50 Days Farm at 20,000 + 75 Days Pro at 8000$ = 1,600,000$)

Player Paid During Suspension: Players are indeed paid during suspension unless you activate the “Remove Suspension” in the Payroll option. If you activate this option, all players suspend will not get paid and player on the waiver will not be paid either. By default, the option is not activate.
starfrit wrote:A team is in compliance if it has not already exceeded the cap for the season, and if it could carry its current roster without exceeding the cap at the end of the season.
Starfrit is correct, that the idea of V2.

For the salary cap where the total player salary over the life of the contract divided by the number of year is what should be count in the salary cap, it’s NOT the case in the V2. The salary cap formula only takes the current year salary.

Player Paid During Injury: Players are indeed paid during injury unless you activate the “Remove When Condition Under “ in the Payroll option. If you activate this option, all players who have less condition that these options are not paid. By default, the option is not activate. Another option is the "Exclude from Payroll" for a individual Player. This option is available in the Edit Players Windows. When the "Remove exclude from Payroll at 95 of Condition" option is activate, it automatically remove the "Exclude from Payroll" check for a individual Player who reach 95 of condition. For me, this is injury reserve feature.

For contract buyout, since it’s rare, it’s less merge in the “Bonus include in Payroll” option. When this option is activate, you can modify the fix amount of money is force in the salary cap for the year within the Team Finance Windows and the Modify Payroll Bonus button.

For farm, you have the “Farm include in Payroll” option that not activate by default. This is the same option that V1.
-SimonT
ICHL Commish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by ICHL Commish »

How about an option to fix the hard cap limit? A check box that does not allow a team to submit lines that are over a specified dollar amount at any time during the year.

This way, you can have either a floating cap or a fixed, hard cap?

(Granted, I have no idea how the coding works, so maybe this is a huge request....?)
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

It's a suggestion that I'll probably do this month.
-SimonT
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

And what about a cap hit for players with different salaries each year ?
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

starfrit wrote:And what about a cap hit for players with different salaries each year ?
Put in suggestion forum and it might be create someday. :)
-SimonT