Powerplay rates and D overall formula

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
dkrause71
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Powerplay rates and D overall formula

Post by dkrause71 »

Simon,
In the latest two versions of version two (including the one you just put up), i am getting very high PP rates again.

I believe its tied to this fix in v 0.9.6- Lower chance of player’s with high SC to get a shoot block. I don't want that reversed, if anything i still tend to get lower than preferred SC guys on my goals leaderboard. What i am hoping for is a lowering of the PP odds further. Especially, for defensemen if that is possible.

My team stats tends to show a median of 22-23% on the new v0.9.8. If possible would like to see that median closer to 18%. I already have fighting at 1 on the sliders and i do not see too many majors on the teamscoring pages, so shouldn't be alot of 5 minutes PP chances to inflate the percentage.

Perhaps, others could check their files and see what kind of numbers they are seeing.

Also, could you go into more detail what changed on the defensemen overall formulas- I am switching a league from FHL to STHS and had the overalls matching. Now many of the D have higher overalls. I just need to know what changed so i can adjust the weights.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Powerplay rates and D overall formula

Post by SimonT »

Overall : 0.9.7 and previous (Play Defense Only : If Scoring Lower than Defense then Offensive Defenseman, otherwise Defensive Defenseman.) It supposed to be Play Defense Only : If Scoring higher than Defense then Offensive Defenseman, otherwise Defensive Defenseman.

Basically, it's was reverse of what it's supposed to be.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
myRPHA.com
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Powerplay rates and D overall formula

Post by myRPHA.com »

Boy does that ever explain a lot of the headaches I had last week trying to get my old FHL ov's represented equally in STHS for defensemen. I spent hours trying everything and could not make heads or tails out of them. OF Defense and DF Defense seemed like complete mysteries to me. Now they should be easier to adjust.
Stephen Clow
RPHA Administrator (Ret.)

http://www.myRPHA.ca