Client v2.0.6 - Invalid IL Code

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
radapex
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Client v2.0.6 - Invalid IL Code

Post by radapex »

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the client, or with mono, but I get the following error when I try to run it:
Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyProject/MyForms:Create__Instance__<T> (T): IL_00d3: dup

at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyProject+MyForms.get_frmMain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run (System.String[] commandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyApplication.Main (System.String[] Args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've had no issues with prior versions of the client.
radapex

Re: Client v2.0.6 - Invalid IL Code

Post by radapex »

Update:

I read into the error message a bit more, and found a low of reports about a bug in mono 2.4 causing that message. I checked my version of mono and found it to be 2.4.4 (the standard version in Ubuntu 10.04). I upgraded mono to 2.6.7 via badgerports, but I still get the error. I haven't seen this error tied to any more recent versions of mono, and haven't seen it truly reported since 2009, which leads me to believe it may be some conflict between the client's code and mono.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Sadly I don't give support for Mono. :( I don't know it. :(
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
radapex

Post by radapex »

Alright. I was hoping it might be something you've seen before.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Never saw that before, sorry.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
radapex

Post by radapex »

I'm an idiot... I was trying to run the Windows client in mono, instead of the Mac/Linux version.