Strange stat

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
36Henry
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Strange stat

Post by 36Henry »

While waiting for the latest installment of the 2.1, I've been spending my time with the 2.0 to see if I can't finally befriend this beast. So a few seasons were ran and some odd things happened.

Goals were spread out very evenly among players with hardly anyone standing out as a big time goal scorer. So I took a closer look at the numbers to try and see why that is. What I found surprised me a bit.

The correlation between SC and goals scored among forwards turned out to be 0.629, a fairly strong correlation. However, the correlation between PA and goals scored was 0.736. PH and goals scored was 0.728. For SK and goals scored the correlation was 0.708.

So SC, by these numbers, is only the fourth most important stat when it comes to getting a player to score goals?

And the difference between SC and PA is even greater when looking at shots on goal. SC and shots correlate at 0.635. PA and shots on goal are 0.756. And again, just like with goals, both PH 0.708 and SK -0.679, show a larger correlation than SC.

Based on what we've heard before, the SC rating is supposed to be a measure of how prone a player is to shooting the puck, where as PA should measure how often the player chooses to pass the puck rather than shoot it. But the numbers here seem to indicate that high PA will increase the amount of times the player shoots the puck.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Strange stat

Post by SimonT »

If you want to have real fun, I can send you version 2.0.7 to test the lastest version of 2.1. If you are interest, send me an email.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français