Version 2.1.1 not viable?

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
Commissaire_Pat
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Version 2.1.1 not viable?

Post by Commissaire_Pat »

I've been trying to set up a working roster for a while now as I ran close to 40 test seasons bringing changes between each try and on EACH test, 2-3 players on any given team get an insane amount of points while the rest divide themselves the remaining points. I tried everything with the sliders as well as changing manually the ratings of large portions of the roster, without success.

I'd like an honnest answer from Simon and/or veterans of the STHS: Is V 2.1.1 viable or is it simply not useable (by useable, I mean able to give us NHL-like results)

If it's not useable, I'll toss this in the garbage can and cut my losses at 20 hours + 135$ (funny story, paypal charged me 3 times on this freaking transaction - NOT Simon's fault though)

If it IS useable, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Patrick
LNHS Commish
lnhs.forumotion.ca
Commissaire de la LNHS
Grande ouverture début février
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Version 2.1.1 not viable?

Post by SimonT »

You are not force to use version 2.1 of the simulation engine if you don't like it. You can use 2.0 or 1.1 also.

Also, please note that Automatic Test is a good simulation but the reality might way different depending on how you run your league. Auto-Rosters is good is using the same players all over the place and without injury or fatigue in automatic test, it’s a bit normal for me that they get very high number in automatic test and less good number in real life simulation.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Commissaire_Pat
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Commissaire_Pat »

Seems like I might as well move to 1.1 as I'm guessing 2.0 would be less desirable than 2.1.1

Having bought the V2, do I have access to the 1.1?

Also, can I simulate using the 1.1 engine with my 2.1.1. program? It seems they are doing it? : http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=33262759
Commissaire de la LNHS
Grande ouverture début février
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Yes, Version 2 of the STHS can use the version 1.1, 2.0 and 2.1 of the simulation engine. Please look in the option to modify your simulation engine preference.
-SimonT
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Simon, do you have yourself a running league so we could check your results and analyse your ratings and try to addapt our own ? That way maybe people would stop reporting what I reported last summer, but you have since fixed.
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I don't have a running league myself anymore. Sadly, I don't have the time anymore.
-SimonT