Overall formula relating to "League Options"

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Skyward Hockey
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Overall formula relating to "League Options"

Post by Skyward Hockey »

I saw just a ways down here on the forum a question about OV formula but it didn't address my query...

How does the "League Options" (fights, goals, injuries, morale, etc) as laid out in the changeable OV formula affect OV? I looked at the manual and couldn't understand the language used...
"Along the left you'll see a list of each rating category followed by the various league options (fights, goals, injuries, morale, penalties, shots, hits). Then there are five columns (one of which is used for goalie rating categories) with scales that you may adjust based on how much of an affect you want each to have on the OV rating (the higher the number on the scale the more of an affect)."
If they are league options, why would they affect individual player OV? I understand that the sim sliders can affect OV, but then, why are these options available in the formula settings themselves?

Very confused...appreciate any help!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Overall formula relating to "League Options"

Post by SimonT »

The "League Options" can influence the overall formula. This allow each league to have unique overall for each players. If you want to used them, you don't have to used them.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Skyward Hockey

Post by Skyward Hockey »

I guess I am asking this...what effect does moving the slider up or down in the Overall Formula screen?

For instance, here are what we have now for both "Offensive Forward" and "Defensive Forward":

Fights Option: 1
Goals Option: 4
Injuries Option: 1
Morales Option: 1
Penalties Option: 2
Shots Option: 3
Hits Option: 2

If I increased "Goals Option" from 4 to say, 7 --- does this mean that the amount of goals this type of player scores will have a higher effect on OV than if I left it at 4?

(By the way, LOVE the option of saving the league file as Version 2.1 - load time alone is much less!)
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

It's mean that Goal Slider value will be 7% (Based on a total of 100 point across all option) of the Overall of each players.
-SimonT
Skyward Hockey

Post by Skyward Hockey »

7% of what, i guess I'm trying to ask...

If I'm starting a new league and player pool from scratch, what affect does that option have on OV if they've yet to accumulate stats? Plus, I don't quite understand why these options are included in the changeable OV formula section, when there are separate sliders for goals, fights, shots, etc. in the other League Options tab.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Each stat number make part of the calculation.

For example, a players with 90 of CK and 85 of FG with a value of 5 CK and 3 in FG in the Overall formula will end up with a overall of (90*5/100) + (85*3/100) + all the other stat and game slider = Overall.
-SimonT