Entry Draft Order

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Foo
The SuperStar

Entry Draft Order

Post by Foo »

STHS does not rank teams like the NHL rule, it is messed up all over the place for teams that have made playoffs:

Entry Draft Order
The order of selection among the Member Clubs in each season shall be determined in the following manner:
A composite of all Member Clubs shall be prepared by placing:
i) First the Clubs which failed to qualify for the preceding playoffs in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest points total and followed by the Club having the next lowest points total, and so forth.
ii) The Clubs which participated in the preceding playoffs (but had not been ranked first in their respective Divisions and had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iii) The Clubs which had been ranked first in their Divisions during the next preceding season (but had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iv) The Stanley Cup winner shall select last, thus, positioning all Clubs on the list.
In the event of a tie for any position, such tie shall be resolved by application of the rules governing the determination of final League standings. The resulting list shall constitute the order of selection.

source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377#entry_order
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Entry Draft Order

Post by Owen »

I know that I've complained about this before, though at that time, it was because the draft order could not properly produce in a 6-division format. How many divisions are you running?
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

6, same as NHL format
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The current code is supposed to work you mention it. Can you show me your standing, playoff result and your entry draft order so I can check it out?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I relook at my code and I have noticed that based on the 2014 rules (http://proicehockey.about.com/od/prospe ... -Works.htm), they have modified it again! It seem they change it every 2 years now...

In 2014, the last 4 spots were always Conference Finalist and Stanley Cup Finalist. Now, a Stanley Cup Finalist can San Jose can stil get the 19 Draft Pick even if they are losing the Stanley Cup?
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

P.S. When I look at some website on the Internet (http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/ - http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/), it seem Stanley Cup Lost and Conference Lost are still 27, 28 and 29.

Finally, even the NHL website said the way I did is correct : https://www.nhl.com/news/2016-nhl-draft ... -280817702
-SimonT
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

I don't think so, I just take your last nhl link and it says at first:
"Non-division-winning teams were placed in inverse order of their regular-season point totals, then division winners were slotted in the same fashion."

In the html page I sent to you Anchorage is listed on rank 15... he's a division and a conference winner. Should not be here.

North Dakota ranked #26 did not even make the playoffs!!!!!! I don't think you check carefully all the files I sent you.

Except for the last 4 teams (yeah you did ranked them correctly) all the other teams are messed up and not at the rank they should be.. Texas at rank #6 with 83 points you but Reno behind them but they have 52 points.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Quand je télécharge ton fichier client, je vois que la variable qui gère l’ordre des équipes est « resetter ». Quand tu utilises la command « Print Last Pro Standing Calculation in Transaction Log », tu vois que tout est en erreur. Heureusement pour toi, j’ai une command «Reset Standing to End Season Standing » qui va te régler ton problème. Par contre, je serais très très curieux de savoir comment tu as fait pour resetter la variable qui gère l’ordre des équipes.
-SimonT
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

SimonT wrote:In 2014, the last 4 spots were always Conference Finalist and Stanley Cup Finalist. Now, a Stanley Cup Finalist can San Jose can stil get the 19 Draft Pick even if they are losing the Stanley Cup?
No it's still the same as it has been the past several years. I don't know why some sites like that haven't corrected their information. In reverse order, the NHL still goes by:

Stanley Cup Winner
Stanley Cup Runner-up
Highest-ranking Conference Finalist
Lowest-ranking Conference Finalist
Any remaining division winners from regular season
Any remaining playoff teams
Non-playoff teams
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

P.S. This issue came from non-reproducible issue.
-SimonT