Conditional Picks

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Conditional Picks

Post by laving »

I like that the newest version of the website tells which draft picks could potentially come in based on conditions. Great add!

But I think it can be shown in a more intuitive way.

Suggestion 1:
You can set transparency on images via CSS, right? I don't remember, but I think it's possible. Instead of writing text in the Draft Picks section, telling which picks has conditions, show both incoming and outgoing conditional picks with the logo set at 50% transparency or so. For incoming conditional picks, add a small green arrow pointing left in the top corner on top of the 50% transparency logo, and for outgoing conditional picks do a red arrow pointing right instead.

It just visualizes the conditional picks better.

Suggestion 2:
I don't know what's possible regarding this and not, but it would be super nice to have the actual condition saved in the simulator. Like, when commish completes a trade that has a conditional pick, he has the option to write the condition in that tab where you manage conditional picks. Then on the website, when hoovering the 50% transparency logo, the condition shows up like a tiny text box or something.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Conditional Picks

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

1) I'm not quite sure to understand. Can you produce a visual of what you have in mind?
2) Let me think this one. A textbox could work. The question I have for myself is where to saved this information inside the STHS.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:41 pm Hi.

1) I'm not quite sure to understand. Can you produce a visual of what you have in mind?
2) Let me think this one. A textbox could work. The question I have for myself is where to saved this information inside the STHS.
Yes, I can produce a visual. But my computer broke down a couple of days ago. I'm on an old laptop right now that can't handle shit. Let me try.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Here is a link to my google drive, where you can see an image. To give you a visual.

The text box is either triggered by hoovering or clicking.

I used 75% transparency here, it looks even better than 50% transparency.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
ESHL.ca
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by ESHL.ca »

I like it!!

Effectivement Simon, d'avoir les détails de la condition visible à tous est interessant
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

ESHL.ca wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:45 am I like it!!

Effectivement Simon, d'avoir les détails de la condition visible à tous est interessant
Yeah. That part has a function and a value. Today you have to use a different place to give that information, like discord, forum, google sheet, or whatevet guys do. It's not an issue that the details about the conditions are not on the website today, because commish solves this anyway with a different solution. But it would make things easier and more efficient to have the details on the website (GM will have one place to look for draft pick information instead of two places).

To me personally, the way of displaying conditional picks are the most important part of this suggestion (using logos with transparency and arrows, or what ever solution you can come up with that uses logos, instead of text). The general overview of draft picks looks better on STHS than other platforms like FHM or even EHM, with the use of the logos to display which draft picks each team has. But today, for the conditional picks, using text to point out which draft picks are conditional, it simply breaks the super intuitive and otherwise really good look on the draft picks overview. Making the conditional picks partly transparent logos keeps the good look, at the same time as it improves the intuitiveness on the conditional picks. :)

Today, I have the text "[CON: DET]" besides one of the logos, and under all the logos I have the text "WPG - Y:2024 - R:2 / PIT - Y:2025 - R:1 / DET - Y:2025 - R:1 / PIT - Y:2025 - R:2 / WPG - Y:2026 - R:1 / DET - Y:2026 - R:1 / WPG - Y:2026 - R:2 /". The information is there, which i good (and an upgrade from last version). But I don't read it, because it doesn't fit in the otherwise logo based overview. The text simply gets overlooked because I'm looking at an overview that is dominated by logos and are more intuitive because of the logos. Turning that text into (transparent) logos enhances the look and the intuitiveness.

The details about the conditions will obviously be in text, but making that text show up only when you are hoovering the logo (or I guess pressing the logo on mobile phone or something), doesn't reduce or disturb the visuals.

I think this could be a sweet little upgrade for visuality (and I say "little" without having a clue how to write code). :mrgreen:
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

don't you just yell into the AI thing to make it semi transparent? :twisted:
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

ynohtna wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:43 am don't you just yell into the AI thing to make it semi transparent? :twisted:
What? No, I don't fully know how to use AI.

If you mean the picture I shared to show how it would look with transparency, it's just a screenshot of a website where I pasted logo images on top of it. I can make everything with images. I don't know how to write code.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I was joking around with your last comment to simon :) "... (and I say "little" without having a clue how to write code). :mrgreen:"
BFHL Admin/Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Your wish has been granted.

https://demo.sths.ca/ProTeam.php?Team=20&SubMenu=8
https://demo.sths.ca/ProTeam.php?Team=19&SubMenu=8

Leave your mouse over the [CON: text or in 'Conditional Draft Picks' of the table the for 1 second and find the magic phrase! Find both magic phrase and win a smiley from me!
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Simon is definitely conditional! :lol:

Great! But is that one second delay necessary? :)
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

laving wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:34 pm Great! But is that one second delay necessary? :)
This is not my decision. It's how HTML and browser is build.
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

Nice!

How about putting an asterisk in the text, it might prompt/make people try to click it and then the pop up text explaining the condition will pop up by then.

How about for mobile users? how would the pop up work with touch?
BFHL Admin/Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

ynohtna wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:57 am How about for mobile users? how would the pop up work with touch?
Sadly, it doesn't seem to work on IOS.
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

maybe adding an asterisk would help mobile users click something to view the details elsewhere?
BFHL Admin/Commish