Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

'cause you want a sim exactly like the nhl and it's not the best way to make a good simulator. I don't think Simon will make one for lhjmq one for ahl one for ECHL one for Euro-league etc. If you want more rebound drop the goalie rebound skill...
Nwha's young sensation!
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

How about letting Simon work out any real bugs with the sim and not worry about players not getting 60 goals or 90 assists ina season. There are other more important bugs that need to be fixed.

This to me is a minor problem. All that needs to be done is have a players ratings adjusted while also working with the sim sliders.

I have yet to run a full test season as i am still in the process of setting up my league, Having added 4 expansion teams, so i don't know what type of results i will be getting. But i will deal with that after i get the Version 1 sim with 99.9% of bugs worked out.

But as for the FHL Sim, my FHL stats were not exactly on par as to what the NHL was, And that was fine with me. The leaders in the FHL sim were almost the same as in the NHL, only difference was how many points they had, In the 4 FHL season i simmed, i did not have one 50 goal scorer and like i said, my leaders were the same as the NHL, just at a lower point level. That probably could have been fixed by boosting the sliders in the sim or adjusting the player rates. But since no GM really complained i left it as is.

Let's not forget the main thing here, with the public release of the sim, prior to the final version1, i think Simon is looking for more of the major bugs that prevent the sim from working properly than to figure out why player X only had 60 assists when in your opinion he should have had 90.

And by the way, Simon keep up the great work.

Thanks

Robert
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

starfrit wrote:The problem is that some assista arent't given
Example on a play
Puck retreived by Francis Bouillon. Francis Bouillon moves puck in neutral zone. Pass by Francis Bouillon intercepted by Nathan Dempsey. Pass to Scott Walker in Montreal Canadiens zone. Pass to Greg Johnson. Pass to Martin Erat. Pass to Greg Johnson. Shot by Greg Johnson. Goal by Greg Johnson

Johnson, Erat, Dempsey and Walker are all on the same team and the official was
Boston Bruins , Greg Johnson 6 (Martin Erat) at 2:37
Walker should have had an assists on that goal.
You see that problem in the 0.9.3?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
LNQHV
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by LNQHV »

Une minute, mais Walker ne devrait pas avoir d'assistance sur ce but, car les deux derniers joueurs à avoir touché à la rondelle pour Nashville avant le but de Johnson sont: Johnson et Erat et ensuite Johnson pour le but.

Just a minute..... But Walker should not have an assist on that goal, because the two last players who touch to the puck for Nashville just before the goal of Johnson , are Johnson-Erat and Johnson for the goal.

In the real life the script he's good.

Sorry for the english part.
Philippe27
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Philippe27 »

LNQHV wrote:Une minute, mais Walker ne devrait pas avoir d'assistance sur ce but, car les deux derniers joueurs à avoir touché à la rondelle pour Nashville avant le but de Johnson sont: Johnson et Erat et ensuite Johnson pour le but.

Just a minute..... But Walker should not have an assist on that goal, because the two last players who touch to the puck for Nashville just before the goal of Johnson , are Johnson-Erat and Johnson for the goal.

In the real life the script he's good.

Sorry for the english part.
No in the NHL they'd give an assist to Walker as well.

I don't want it to be exactly like the NHL because I know it's hard, I just want it to be semi realistic and that the rest can be fixed with ratings. I tested and tested and it can't be fixed with ratings.

As for those that say it's not important, I talked to at least 5-10 people (mostly GM's one or two are commish) and they all say that they want realistic stats. Sure play-by-play and all additional options are nice but most want realistic stats.

For some reason the d-men seem to be getting assists much more easily than forwards and that may be because of what was mentionned above where Walker is not credited with an assist. I mean I dropped all PA, PH and SK ratings by half for all d-men and there were still 5 D's in the top 10 for assists. I'll keep looking for what may be causing this problem but I think what starfrit mentionned should fix part of the issue.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Yes, 0.9.3 release

And it bugs one of my gm's as well seeing how poor Forsberg is doing with 99 of PA :lol:
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com