Entry Draft

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

Str_QNHL wrote:to get your prospect players WITH there stats you need to create the prospects in a CSV file and you are going to load this CSV file
via the update players and coaches stats ( In League / Off Season )

so I suggest you output your current league in CSV format
add your prospects to this CSV and then re-load the new CSV
in the sim
SO is there a way to skip the Entry Draft after between seasons, and just use the players that are in the 'Unassigned' list? I mean if I export my current league in CSV format, add my rookies (Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf, etc) to that file and then reload that file into the SIM, I'm guessing that all my new players will be in the unassigned list, and all other players will be on the teams when I exported the file.
STHS Version 3.4.0.0
LCH
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by LCH »

Yes there is a way just dont go into the option and when you start next season the STHS will give you a warning that if you proceed that all draft pick not uses will be lost just say yes.
And yes it is correct for the players CSV then you just need to assign the new one to teams.
But i strongly suggest that you use the prospect section cause rating for player drafted in the 2006 in NHL wont be available since they dont have stats to rate them.
Stanley D.
STHS Beta Testers
Fondateur LCH
Admin Réseau-STHS-Network(En stand-by)
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

LCH wrote:Yes there is a way just dont go into the option and when you start next season the STHS will give you a warning that if you proceed that all draft pick not uses will be lost just say yes.
And yes it is correct for the players CSV then you just need to assign the new one to teams.
But i strongly suggest that you use the prospect section cause rating for player drafted in the 2006 in NHL wont be available since they dont have stats to rate them.
Okay so you are suggesting that we do the draft but it will only be to reserve the rights of the players like Crosby, Ovechkin, or like Johnson, Kessel, Staal? Their names will be under the Prospects of the team that drafted them, but they won't be in the game until someone comes out with their ratings?
STHS Version 3.4.0.0
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Yes, or unless you want to try to create your own player database and ratings.
LCH
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by LCH »

shamrocks wrote:
LCH wrote:Yes there is a way just dont go into the option and when you start next season the STHS will give you a warning that if you proceed that all draft pick not uses will be lost just say yes.
Okay so you are suggesting that we do the draft but it will only be to reserve the rights of the players like Crosby, Ovechkin, or like Johnson, Kessel, Staal? Their names will be under the Prospects of the team that drafted them, but they won't be in the game until someone comes out with their ratings?
Yes or you can do the rating yourself if you want to :D
The advantage of the draft is that the name of the player will apear in the prospect page and when the player is added to the CSV you just need to activate him in the prospect section of the STHS :D
Stanley D.
STHS Beta Testers
Fondateur LCH
Admin Réseau-STHS-Network(En stand-by)
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

Str_QNHL wrote:to get your prospect players WITH there stats you need to create the prospects in a CSV file and you are going to load this CSV file
via the update players and coaches stats ( In League / Off Season )

so I suggest you output your current league in CSV format
add your prospects to this CSV and then re-load the new CSV
in the sim
I just finished placing players on teams for a fantasy hockey league I'm in, and found that with the roster file I'm using 3 players were not there. Would I go about adding them in the same format as above? If so, when I output the league file, it is usually in .sh1. When I do change the output file to .csv, when I add the 3 players to the list and when I load the file again, will I lose my current team rosters? (will the players go back to being unassigned?)
STHS Version 3.4.0.0
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

You could use the Output Ratings CSV option, modify the CSV, and reload it. You won't lose your team roster if you do that.

But there is a much easier way. There is an option call Edit Player. In that window, you can create new players and goalies. This is best way!
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

SimonT wrote:You could use the Output Ratings CSV option, modify the CSV, and reload it. You won't lose your team roster if you do that.

But there is a much easier way. There is an option call Edit Player. In that window, you can create new players and goalies. This is best way!
I noticed that when I used the Output CSV option it makes a csv file for both players and goalies. So I edited the files in the csv file, and when I go to reload (update players), it asks me for a single players file, so would I open up the Players file first and then the goalies?

Saying that I do plan on creating the player instead, but I was just wondering.

Thanks SimonT.
STHS Version 3.4.0.0
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

You did NOT read what I said! Read it again!
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

I have to ask the question again. Is there a way to skip the entry draft?
Because I tried to start my season 2, and the simulator said that I did not do the entry draft correctly. "Your entry draft is not complete".

I can't go to the next season without doing the entry draft. Or can I go round the problem in some way?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Start One, don't assign any player, start your season, you'll get a warning that your entry draft is not finished, accept it.
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote:Start One, don't assign any player, start your season, you'll get a warning that your entry draft is not finished, accept it.
You mean that I should start a entry draft, load a list of prospects, just don't assign a prospect to a team, and then exit the Entry Draft window?
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote:Start One, don't assign any player, start your season, you'll get a warning that your entry draft is not finished, accept it.
Thanks!

Solved it...

(=