ERROR: You are running an out of date version

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: ERROR: You are running an out of date version

Post by Owen »

joejiz wrote:What I don't get is we are only one minor version behind!

3.08!!! Can we roll out 3.09 client to all coaches and still run 3.08 simulator at same time without issue?
It's kind of off-topic here but GMs have never needed to use the exact client version as the simulator software. The only requirements were that if the simulator is v2.3.0 or higher, the client must be v2.3.0 or higher. If the simulator is v3.0.2 or higher, the client must be v3.0.2 or higher. Other than that, it doesn't matter.

Anyway, I am not sure why people have to download a second version of client 3.0.9 but it does resolve the issue on the GM end. It does create the opportunity for an interesting league option to have for the simulator, though: Require Current Client Version
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

For the client, it was my error. I usually give change the date in the code in the summer to give any build a life expectancy of 6 months to 18 months depending on it release date. I did it in the STHS (Both v2 and v3) but I forgot the client.
Owen wrote: It does create the opportunity for an interesting league option to have for the simulator, though: Require Current Client Version
I like the idea but it might be more work than simply changing a digit once a year in the STHS.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Owen wrote: It does create the opportunity for an interesting league option to have for the simulator, though: Require Current Client Version
I like the idea but it might be more work than simply changing a digit once a year in the STHS.[/quote]

Yeah the more I think about it, it might be really complicated!