Version 2 Suggestion on 17th of May 2008

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Version 2 Suggestion on 17th of May 2008

Post by SimonT »

Tu as simplement à mettre le Max Consecutive Games à 2.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere before.......

In the client, on the team info page I think it would be nice to display your available cap room (based on the cap and how your roster is currently set), possibly next to current bank account (seems the only place with room). I know that when you set your roster and you're over cap that you get a message box informing you how much you're over. I just think it would be easier to have a display, so GMs know their starting point and don't have to try and calculate for themselves when adjusting their rosters.

Edit:
Or possibly just add a salary cap page to the outputs, showing pro payroll, farm payroll, and cap room.
Last edited by Kramden23 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Again, sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere before.......

I think it would be nice to have seperate output pages for coaches and farm coaches, or just seperate them on the coach output page. Also without knowing (or going and looking up) all the abbreviations for all the farm teams, i'ts kind of a pain to have to cross-reference which farm coach is assigned to which team.

Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

Heres a quick suggestion: The option to remove a teams pro abbreviation from there farm team in the standings page.
corporal
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by corporal »

a simple solution for the unassigned list suggestions from a couple days ago would be to add a frame into the output file.

This way the top frame would have Player Name PO CK FG DI SK ST DU PH FO PA SC DF EX LD MO OV - Age Weight Height Salary Contract
and below would be the ratings. This way as you scroll you would never need to scroll back up or add in line breaks! Just a thought!

Another thing I would love to see is a 2nd farm level (like the ECHL for example) so for leagues where the farms are filled with 20+ players they aren't all benched all the time. Nothing major, but something I would love to see!

Another hope would be to make it easier to activate prospects! Or the ability to add players to teams from scratch, straight from their roster page (I know this has been mentioned before, but can't stress it enough!).

Line Matchup would be nice as well. When you have a team with a particular player you want to be matched up with one of your players all the time. Nothing major, but would be nice to see!
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

Adding frames into the HTML output would cause havoc for a lot of leagues websites...
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

For random contracts, it would be nice to be able to designate the max amount of contract years.

Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

I did a quick search but didn't see anything on this.....

In the boxscore for games you have a column for minutes played. It would be nice to also have columns for ES, PP, SH ice time in the boxscore, so we can see how much time they played on each unit. It would also be nice if that could be added to team scoring pages too.

Sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it :)

Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Another...

You already have the ability to remove the "Full" play by play from the boxscore, but I would also like the option to remove the play by play completely if so desired.

Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

This is a two-part suggestion.....

1. To be able to change the header for "Today's Games" without having it effect any boxscores headers.

2. And I know I've seen this mentioned a few times before, and Simon you never really seemed to embrace it, but I would really like to see the "Today's Games" page re-vamped. Your whole program is very "tight" and organized, but the TG page just seems so big, "gaudy", and not very visually friendly. It's almost like buying a brand new car, it has all these amazing options and abilities, runs beautifully, the ladies love it, but you go to throw in a CD only to find a stock stereo with a dial :?

I'm sure there are a few people here (myself included) that wouldn't mind at all designing a nice TG page for the next version and/or update. Even further than the design, I would really like to see OT or SO reference, if a goal was SH or PP etc.... Some of the TG programs for the "other game" were really, really nice. I'm not looking to go so far as all the matchup stuff, hot/cold etc...I just think a lot of people would really enjoy a better "presentation" :D

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Graphic Design!! Graphic Design!! Graphic Design!! My nightmare!! I'm a programmer, not an artist as you could see with my old website! If you want to design me a TodayGame page, go ahead but I'm not promising anything. P.S. You have a few month of think of your design before I get to output coding! ;)
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:Graphic Design!! Graphic Design!! Graphic Design!! My nightmare!! I'm a programmer, not an artist as you could see with my old website! If you want to design me a TodayGame page, go ahead but I'm not promising anything. P.S. You have a few month of think of your design before I get to output coding! ;)
I will definitely work on it, as I think others should too. That way you can have a few to choose from and pick which you think is best, and easiest for you to work with.

Now onto another suggestion.....I saw a post on this briefly, but never really found any follow-ups.....

It would be nice to be able to use waivers based on a priority system that holds a teams position until they make a claim, then they are moved to the bottom of the list. This could initially be set to the inverse order of the previous draft, or allow the commish to set the initial order manually.

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:It would be nice to be able to use waivers based on a priority system that holds a teams position until they make a claim, then they are moved to the bottom of the list. This could initially be set to the inverse order of the previous draft, or allow the commish to set the initial order manually.
That one is note and in my list.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

A tickbox so we can choose if we would like farm stats to be displayed with the abbreviation of the farm team or the pro team.

darren19
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by darren19 »

Sorry Simon,

Example:

Canucks General Manager buys out Ryan Kesler, it says in the CFHL Rule Book that the team has to pay 25% of Keslers Salary for the remaining year on his contract. In the Finance Section could it show that the buyout is there and so i as the commissioner knows the buy out is counting towards his cap. Instead of having to create a player to add salary onto the teams cap.