DVHL ratings for STHS 2008-2009

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Re: DVHL ratings for STHS 2008-2009

Post by Icepilot »

simguy wrote:yeah, it says this in the error log:

Line # 2 of Player CSV file was not imported. Salary field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 3 of Player CSV file was not imported. Salary field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 4 of Player CSV file was not imported. Salary field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 15 of Player CSV file was not imported. Salary field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 16 of Player CSV file was not imported. Salary field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 20 of Player CSV file was not imported. Salary field didn't pass the validation test.

etc...

what does that mean and how can i fix it?
What is your minimum & maximum player salary in the league options set to ?
In my league my minimum was $475k.
Most players in the rating set have a lower salary than that, so they did not import.
When i lowered the salary to 0 and the max to $10 million i re-ran the update and all players were imported properly.

Try that.
lhsgm
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by lhsgm »

Another small thing I noticed - the country of origin of quite a few players is wrong.

Much like the FG thing, it seems to be linked to a formula going wrong when the ratings are converted to the CSV file.

A few examples :

Tollefsen is listed as a Russian when in fact he's Norwegian.
P.J. Stock is listed as Russian even though he's Canadian.
Oduya is listed as Canadian even though he's Swedish.
Corvo is listed as Swedish even though he's American.
Carle is listed as Canadian even though he's American.

There are a few dozens, if not hundreds like that.

If the country of origin is not updated when using the "Offseason -> update players stats" option in the SimonT, it's not a big problem.
Dmaster
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Dmaster »

unclick the salary and contracts when you do the update players.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Dmaster wrote:unclick the salary and contracts when you do the update players.
I did have them unchecked and it still gave me those errors, It only cleared once i lowered and raised the salary cap numbers.
Dmaster

Post by Dmaster »

You must have a rule for maximum salary then. Or something in the league options.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Yes i do, then i guess it would be easier to turn that off before updating.
Larry

Post by Larry »

Icepilot wrote:If your starting a new 30 Team NHL league, try these: http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.p ... gs2008.zip
There is a default NHL league in there.

Once that is installed, then update the ratings using the DVHL2009 file.

Simple as that.

When is the last update?
Ligue de hockey junior majeur simulé
www.lhjms.ca
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Larry wrote:
Icepilot wrote:If your starting a new 30 Team NHL league, try these: http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.p ... gs2008.zip
There is a default NHL league in there.

Once that is installed, then update the ratings using the DVHL2009 file.

Simple as that.

When is the last update?
Since i am already running a league i did not need to load those files. But more or less what ever it is you may have to move a few players around yourself.
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

Dmaster wrote:Gentlemen,

It is with great pleasure that I announce that I have now finished the DVHL ratings for all players. You can see the ratings at the following link:

http://www.dvhlsim.com/DVHL2009/DVHL2009-allplayers.zip

I did not remove the retired or inactive players in order to serve as many leagues as possible. I will, for my league, remove them soon.

If you take these ratings in order to update your league, make sure you do a back up before. Then, extract your players and compare the names with the csv file: DVHL2009-PlayersRatings.csv

Modify the file DVHL2009-PlayersRatings.csv to fit your league player names. You also need to update all your contracts and salaries.

I hope you like these ratings and I wish you a great season if you use them.

Regards,

Dmaster 8)
Thank you for all of your hard work. Since you are removing inactives for your league, any chance you may post a version that only had players that played in the 2007/08 NHL season?
Dmaster

Post by Dmaster »

By inactive I mean 2 or 3 years off NHL so it won't be only the players with stats in my database.

The only update I will do this week is the nationality of the player who is wrong in many players (don't know what happened there :shock: )

Dmaster
Vigneault

Post by Vigneault »

Salut, je ne sais pas si la majorité des répondants parle français, mais bon
c'est un peu pour savoir si c est votre seul base de roster pour avoir des roster à jour, dis realiste
avant chaque saison?

Sincèrement, j admire cette personne pour avoir passer du temps à faire cela.
mais je trouve que ca manque de recherche et j explique mal certaines côtes...

pk un gars comme phaneuf puni 182 min l' an passé et moins de 100 min si on prend les 2 dernières saisons a un 33 de di,
un 33 de di, combiné à un haut checking et quand la moyenne de di est a peu près 70, ca fait puni en....
les pires goons mérite à peine ça.. je m'interroge aussi sur les cotes de PH et skating qui fait grandement défaut
également, je doute qu il est pris une charte pour les cotes Pa et sc, car certains ont des différences de cotes évidentes, mais pourtant des stats semblables.
pour les vieux, y en a avec des mauvaises saison ca baisse et c'est normal, mais d'autre reste tout de meme pas pire, même si y ont pas été de bcp meilleure.. pk un peca aurait 72 de passing et un weight 66.. Peca a eu 10 passes de plus que Weight et c'est bien la seule fois de sa carriere. je dis ca, car certains ont eu des saisons de cul comme weight, mais ont quand meme garder leur cote pas pire dans leur force respective, ce qui n'a pas été le cas de Weight. J'aimerais aussi savoir pk un jovanovski a un 65 de def, quand des jeunes pas reputé en defense, ont un 72-75.. Sans être un Expert en defensive, Jovanovski n'est quand même pas le plus mauvais, non ?
Semin 71 de PH, kessel 67 de PH...
Ribeiro 77 de skating, Derek roy 69, Rolston 68, Gionta 71, campbell 73.. quand on parle des trois derniers, on parle de patineur tres rapide, même Rolston pour son âge avancé...
en tk, j ai pas chequé de fond en large, mais je dis jsute quelques observations que j ai faites en 10 min..
ca m'a suffit pour quand même decéller des failles quand même majeur, si on veut de quoi de realiste.
Surtout quand il s'agit de joueur connu... puis pour les méconnus, je crois qu'il s'est encore moins casser la tête.

je ne veux pas chialer ni rabaisser le travail du monsieur en question, mais je veux juste apporter des points qui pourraient p-e rendre tout ca plus juste ou plus realiste
merci
alp
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Félicitation pour le beau travail DMaster.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Dmaster

Post by Dmaster »

Salut, Vigneault

T'as raison de ne pas vouloir chialer mais tu le fais. Je pense que tu devrais faire toi-même des ratings à voir ton excellente analyse. Je suis vraiment pas de taille pour un Pro comme toi.

Dmaster :shock:
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

OK, this is for EVERYONE (and i am not pointing fingers here), and someone can translate this into French in they want.

I am tired of seeing people posting messages on the board saying they don't want to critizize this or that persons work on a ratings set and then go do just that.

It's simple how this works. Take whatever rating set you feel works for you and use it. Then just say THANK YOU. Nothing else, just THANK YOU, No remarks because you found a certain rate you don't like, just THANK YOU.

We all had a chance to verify the rates before they were officially released. We found some errors which have been fixed, but to continually go around and keep questioning their formulas on how they came up with this rate or that rate is getting tiresome. News Flash, THERE IS NO PERFECT FORMULA. I have been in the sim community for 10 years (FHL & STHS) and all i hear from year to year is the same moaning and groaning and bitching. GET OVER IT.

I have used the DVHL for some years now and have always taken as they were. And guess what, THEY SEEMS TO WORK DAMN WELL.

We already lost Zubial and his rates, Keep pissing Dmaster off and we will lose his also.

There were 3 other ratings sets available to the STHS community, I did not like any of them and decided not to use them and wait for Dmaster's.

So if you feel there are issues with this set, DON"T USE THEM, Try to make your own and then you will see what is involved and maybe,just maybe you will respect the time and effort Dmaster, or any other creator of a ratings set puts into their work.

And remember, If you were paying for the ratings, then maybe these comments would be acceptable. but since the ratings are free, Shut up and enjoy.

PS: Dmaster, GREAT JOB ON THE RATES, I LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS SET.
Dmaster

Post by Dmaster »

Thanks, Robert

I always felt your support.

Dmaster 8)