Random Player Generator

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Random Player Generator

Post by laving »

I created a random player generator, random goalie generator, and random coach generator. If there is any interest in these random generators, I can try to make them more user friendly, and then publish them for free. So, is there any interest?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Random Player Generator

Post by SimonT »

I'm interest. It's build on what? Excel, Web based?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Open Office Calc, actually. Sad thing is that I've never managed to create a proper csv-file with Calc, that works in the STHS Utility. So as it is right now, you have to use Calc to generate everything, and then copy the "database", and paste it in a Excel-sheet. Then save it "Comma Separated". Then run it through STHS Utility. Then you're done.

That's why it's not user friendly at this moment. Also, you need some information about what you should do with the generator, to be able to generate players.

I created it for personal use at first, so as it is right now, you can't decide how many RWs you want, or how many players from a certain country you want. The formula is coded to cover my own needs. Of course, it's possible to change this...

But my biggest question is... Is it possible to create a proper CSV-file with "Open Office Calc", that runs in STHS Utility?

Also, as I admin two leagues, just started to study full time, have a part time job, and have a little kid at home, I don't have as much time as I want. If someone wants to help me finish my Random Generators, I would actually have some time to see my girlfriend once in a while. Anyone? =) Otherwise, I'll probably be able to finish the Generators november/december...
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Excel can run open any files saved in Open Office so I would not worry about that part. When you look at your CSV saved from OpenOffice, do you see comma between numbers?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Haven't tried the generators in a while, but last time there was something that didn't work if I opened the generator in Excel.

Yes, I see the commas in the CSV saved with Open office. I think the problem is when you open the saved CSV file. Excel just open the file. Open Office gives you some options, before you can open the file. I'll never managed to configure it the right way.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

I've started to program it in Java. I'm a noob Java programmer, it may take a while... =)
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

It's not gonna be a Java tool...

I will try to complete this with Excel/Calc, but can not say when it's done. A lot of league related things has priority until the end of the summer.