Exhaustion sim engine 1.5

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Foo
The SuperStar

Exhaustion sim engine 1.5

Post by Foo »

Well, I coming back with an idea to resolve the fatigue problem of players in sim engine 1.5 especially due to the fact that the sim engine don't use the extra skaters when a player is tired to be on the ice.

Well first I have to say that I'm sick to see players miss games because they are just tired to play... so here 2 solutions for this issue:

1)Use the same fatigue "code" that sim engine 2.0 to use the extra skaters and then share the ice time between all players involved (no more players with 6 or 7 minutes of ice time in PP or PK)

2)If you don't want to do #1, well put an option (I mean they are so many options in the STHS I will never use) to stop a player/goalie for going under 95 of condition if he's tired. More chance to get injured if you're low in condition, that is great, but being of the next games because of it that is just a non sense. Do it only for sim engine 1.5 if you want to save some job because the fatigue with this engine is almost impossible to stop with illogical ice time on special teams.

thank you, keep on the good work! Sim engine 1.5 the most popular engine? I think so!
frank86
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Exhaustion sim engine 1.5

Post by frank86 »

The probleme for Exhaustion can be fix by raising the recovery speed per day or changing the setting of fatigue per time on ice

We no more have a big issue with this problem now, I think its just normal to be really fatigue if a player plays over 28-30 min per game
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

I've been using 1.5 for several seasons now and we don't have any fatigue issues at all. GMs know the sim fatigue settings for our league and it is up to them to distribute their players' ice-time (through slider time %) accordingly as to not have their players get exhausted.

The 3 highest AMG for D in our league is:
1. 24.58
2. 24.04
3. 23.87

The 3 highest AMG for F in our league is:
1. 22.36
2. 21.85
3. 21.62

In comparison, the 3 highest AMG for F in the NHL is:
1. 22.16
2. 22.03
3. 21.33

You either need to adjust your fatigue level settings and/or explain to your GMs that players can't handle being used on the 1st line of every single unit (ES, PP, PK) which I'm going to guess a lot of GMs do, which is quite unrealistic, especially for forwards.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Well, 27 D-men play more minutes in the NHL compare to my top in my league 24:04

For forwards 26 of NHL forwards play more then my top in my league 20:04

Hey! I'm not a rookie here, that is not normal at all. I set the recovery speed 0,55 because if I put 1, goalies will play practically all the games. Now I my best goalie starts 76% of the games witch is very close to NHL. I don't have the links to check your league stats but I wonder how many games goalies play with your fatigue settings?

I'll take 3 names just tell me how many minutes / game they play in your league with their EN rating just for fun:

1) Kyle Okposo
2) Brayden Schenn
3) Nicklas Grossmann

My fatigue settings:

Level 1: 20 minutes 0,55
Level 2: 24 minutes 1,55
Level 3: 28 minutes 2,55

Defense Bonus: 3
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

I don't know if player comparisons are really going to show anything as our ratings seem to differ greatly (looking at wchlsim). We do our own skater ratings (F/D) but use LCHV for goalies.

For instance, you have Okposo rated with 75SC, we have him at 55SC. Last season he scored 4 goals in 48-games, pro-rated over 82-games that is 6.8 goals. I have no idea how you could calculate that as 75SC.

I really think it comes down to fine tuning your sim settings against your ratings to get the desired result of how many minutes/shots players can play or goalies can face.

None the less, here are some numbers.....
Now I my best goalie starts 76% of the games witch is very close to NHL. I don't have the links to check your league stats but I wonder how many games goalies play with your fatigue settings?
There is no way to tell how many games a goalie actually started Vs. played in, but I would say our teams best goalies start an average of 80% of games. And our goalie fatigue settings are as follows...

Level 1: 26 shots -1
Level 2: 31 shots -2
Level 3: 53 shots -3
Recovery +1

Shots per game league average is 27.18
We play an 82-game schedule over 172 days

I'll take 3 names just tell me how many minutes / game they play in your league with their EN rating just for fun:

1) Kyle Okposo
2) Brayden Schenn
3) Nicklas Grossmann
1. Kyle Okposo - 15.04 MPG/80EN
2. Brayden Schenn - 17.76 MPG/77EN
3. Niklas Grossman - 17.45 MPG/73EN

Player fatigue settings:
Level 1: 23 minutes -1
Level 2: 25 minutes -2
Level 3: 28 minutes -3
Defense Bonus: 2

Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

For instance, you have Okposo rated with 75SC, we have him at 55SC. Last season he scored 4 goals in 48-games, pro-rated over 82-games that is 6.8 goals. I have no idea how you could calculate that as 75SC.
In my league we can rerate 2 players at mid-season that is why Okposo have "new" ratings.
There is no way to tell how many games a goalie actually started Vs. played in, but I would say our teams best goalies start an average of 80% of games. And our goalie fatigue settings are as follows...
The stats Game Started perhaps ??
Level 1: 26 shots -1
Level 2: 31 shots -2
Level 3: 53 shots -3
Recovery +1
That is pretty impossible to have no goalie playing all the games with this kind of fatigue option and if you have 27 shots per game average. Your EN rating have to be pretty low for all goalies...

1. Kyle Okposo - 15.04 MPG/80EN
2. Brayden Schenn - 17.76 MPG/77EN
3. Niklas Grossman - 17.45 MPG/73EN

Player fatigue settings:
Level 1: 23 minutes -1
Level 2: 25 minutes -2
Level 3: 28 minutes -3
Defense Bonus: 2
Well 2 things different here, your level 1 are 3 minutes higher then mine and your EN rating is much higher (that was one of my solution since I do my own ratings). Maybe trying to upgrade the EN a little and the level 1 minutes. But I don't like the idea of seeing players playing 3 minutes and more of his NHL average ice time but I guess I'll have to choose my battles... thanks for the info.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

There is no way to tell how many games a goalie actually started Vs. played in
The stats Game Started perhaps ??
Show me where that stat can be found and I'll give you the exact info :wink:

Other than that I'm not really trying to debate or anything. I just saw your posted suggestion about modifying 1.5 and I wanted to chime in that I felt otherwise. Obviously it would be great if everyone could get their settings exactly how they want, so if I can provide any league stats/settings that in comparison might help another commish in their quest for the perfect setup, I'm glad to try and help.

That's a really, really nice website btw, pretty awesome!

Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

Games started and games on backup can both be found in the goalies csv
http://qnhl.net
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Foo wrote:Hey! I'm not a rookie here, that is not normal at all. I set the recovery speed 0,55 because if I put 1, goalies will play practically all the games. Now I my best goalie starts 76% of the games witch is very close to NHL.
I want to point out that while recovery is the same for players and goalier, the fatigue is different for players and goalier. You can easily setup the option to force goalier to be tired after 10, 20, 30 shots while player are tired after 25, 30 and 35 minutes of players. Also, the "remove" feature accept up to 2 decimal: 1.59 is valid fatigue removal.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Well Simon, since you pointed it out, why not have a recovery speed different for goalies and players?

Since they don'T get check for the same things (minutes OR shots) the recovery mode will be much easier to set up if we had two instead of one.

And I think, since the STHS works with 2 decimals, that the CSV output should export it to with the decimals. Just put a . instead of a ,
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Well Foo, as I point out, why don't used the current option to get your goal? You'll have the same result.
-SimonT
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Having the same players playing all game on PP an PK don't bother you at all Simon? I saw players play 6-7 minutes on PP or PK and extra players play 0 minute. I mean sim engine 1.5 is by far the best engine, just make it better that is all I ask!
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Oh, you are asking to change in game fatigue. What will this impact in the rest of simulation engine? Let me see, everything!!!

Topic Close.
-SimonT