[2.2.6] Auto Roster Clarity

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
radapex
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

[2.2.6] Auto Roster Clarity

Post by radapex »

I've noticed some behaviour with Auto Roster and Auto Roster Partial that seems a bit odd and was wondering if it would be possible to get some clarity on how it works.

In this first sample, our Washington Capitals had both their pro and farm teams play on Nov 8. Both rosters were valid for those games, containing 12 forwards + 6 defensemen + 2 goalies. They were also carrying scratches at forward. They had some players get injured/exhausted and, since their pro team had a few days rest and they were carrying spares on their farm roster, they didn't upload new lines for Nov 9.
[11/8/2014 8:53:26 PM] - Devan Dubnyk from Washington Capitals injured (Exhaustion)
[11/8/2014 8:53:26 PM] - Vincent Lecavalier from Washington Capitals is injured from Exhaustion.
[11/8/2014 8:53:26 PM] - Marek Zidlicky from Washington Capitals is injured from Exhaustion.
[11/8/2014 8:53:26 PM] - Kimmo Timonen from Washington Capitals is injured from Exhaustion.
[11/8/2014 8:53:26 PM] - Dainius Zubrus from Washington Capitals is injured from Exhaustion.
[11/8/2014 8:53:26 PM] - Game 210 - Tim Gleason from Washington Capitals is injured (Groin) and is out for 2 weeks.
[11/8/2014 8:53:23 PM] - Matt Halischuk from Hershey Bears is injured from Exhaustion.
When we simulated the next evening (Nov 9), Auto Roster and/or Auto Partial Roster moved two defensemen from the farm to their pro roster which left them with only 4 farm defensemen while the minimum allowed is 5.
[11/9/2014 7:32:01 PM] - Auto Roster Function has been run for Washington Capitals.
[11/9/2014 7:32:01 PM] - Auto Roster Partial Function has been run for Washington Capitals.
[11/9/2014 7:32:01 PM] - Andrew Hammond of Washington Capitals was sent to pro.
[11/9/2014 7:32:01 PM] - Corey Potter of Washington Capitals was sent to pro.
[11/9/2014 7:32:01 PM] - Ed Jovanovski of Washington Capitals was sent to pro.
Since these kind of hangups require us to manually edit the rosters, we issue the teams a fairly hefty fine which the Washington GM rightly complained about. To make their roster valid, all I had to do was move a defenseman back to the farm roster and move a scratched forward to pro so that Auto Roster wouldn't run again.
[11/9/2014 7:36:32 PM] - Auto Lines Partial Function has been run for Hershey Bears.
[11/9/2014 7:35:44 PM] - Mikael Samuelsson of Washington Capitals was sent to pro.
[11/9/2014 7:35:25 PM] - Dalton Prout of Washington Capitals was sent to farm.
Why would this be happening? Ideally, we'd simply allow them to play with as little as 0 defenseman as long as 18 skaters were dressed, but STHS won't allow us to put the value below 5.

A difference instance of this happened with my own team over the weekend. I had a farm defenseman get hurt on Friday and didn't realize it. My rosters are always set ahead, so everything else was as I wanted it. I carry a spare defenseman in the farm, so the logical course of action would've been to dress the spare defensemen and leave everything else the same. Instead, the 4th line centre on my pro roster was scratched and replaced with the forward I had scratched, one of my already dressed defenseman in the farm was put into all the spot created by the injury, and the spare defenseman in the farm remained scratched.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: [2.2.6] Auto Roster Clarity

Post by SimonT »

radapex wrote:Why would this be happening? Ideally, we'd simply allow them to play with as little as 0 defenseman as long as 18 skaters were dressed, but STHS won't allow us to put the value below 5.
This value is only enforce if you use "Full Farm" option.

The auto-roster and auto-line function are not intelligent. They look at minimum player per position then overall.

P.S. Move the topic in question forum.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français