STHS Client

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

STHS Client

Post by laving »

I have simulated a bunch of days. After a while, I noticed that many goalies get injured. (They all have low DU in the ACCH Player Database). After a couple of more simulated days, I decided to change some lines in the Client...

I did try to set roster in one team, but noticed that only 1 of 4 Goalies were healthy. "Nothing I can do", I thought...

Then I tried to edit my lines. The simulator said:
"Roster incomplete!
You cannot make Lines if Roster is incomplete."

What I'm trying to say is, that I can generate a league file (even if some rosters are incomplete), and let the GMs download it... But they cannot change their lines.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

I got the same thing ...or close ....
I simed a whole season and the same goalies would get injured
3 or 4 times in the same year
if a goalie was injured the sim would give me a error that the team had a incomplete roster ..I would then put the injured goalie back to 100%
and 2 or 3 games later he would still be injured
http://qnhl.net
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

Yeah ACCH roster has a lot of player with 25 of durability... You should improve DU of all player for testing!
Nwha's young sensation!
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

But heyy... That was not the thing I wanted to say.......

The simulator generates the league file, even if it contains "Rosters incomplete"... And if the roster is incomplete, the GM cannot change his lines in the Client!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

You can not created a lines unless you roster is correct. That behavior is normal.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Yes, but...

It's not the GM's wrong if he gets so many injuries, that his Roster is incomplete.

Look at it, as if you are the GM:

You check your last game, and your starting Goalie got injuried. You only have 3 Goalies in your Roster, and you already had one Goalie injuried. Now you have 2 injuried Goalies, and just 1 healthy. You download the league file, because you want to put the only healthy Goalie as starter. But you can't do that, because the last game made your Roster incomplete (The Goalie was injuried).

The same thing goes for all the positions... You get too many injuries/suspension, and you can't change your lines...

This could solve the problem:
*Let the GMs change their lines even if the Roster is incomplete.
*When generating the league file, let the simulator leave a message like "Fix San Jose Sharks Roster, and then generate the League File again".

This message doesn't have to show up when generating the league files, just make it show up sometime so the Commish knows about it, can put in a "Reserv Goalie", and then generate a new league file.

(If the Simulator could auto-create a "Reserv" when this problem comes up, that would be awesome)

In the FHLSim, the GMs could change their lines even if their Roster was incomplete. But the Commish couldn't play the games, without doing something to solve the problem...
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

In the FHL sim when their was an injury to any player the sim auto'ed the roster so the commish really never had any problems simming his days games.
How many times have i heard a GM say why did i not use his lines and i answer that i did but there was an injured or suspended player and the sim re-did your lines.

Maybe something like that can be added here.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

Yeah but with all player with an higher Durability less player will be injured so I don't think we'll have a big problem. Some GM(More with the Sm) wanna win in farm league too so they'll try to have at least 2 goalie in their farm team and enough player too to don't have an "Unknow player ". If a GM can't have some farm player or back-up fired him is probably the good option.
Nwha's young sensation!
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Well yes.. Just something. At least MY GMs would be angry if they are unable to change their lines...

(=
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

In my league i have a minimum player limit. It forces teams to have a proper pro roster and a stocked farm team. It serves 2 purposes, 1 to have depth on the team in case of injuries and 2nd since i have a salary cap, prevents teams from dumping alot of farm players to be able to keep under the cap by only having pro players.

So teams in my league will have to have at least 4 goaltenders on their roster at all times.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

laving wrote:Yes, but...

It's not the GM's wrong if he gets so many injuries, that his Roster is incomplete.

Look at it, as if you are the GM:

You check your last game, and your starting Goalie got injuried. You only have 3 Goalies in your Roster, and you already had one Goalie injuried. Now you have 2 injuried Goalies, and just 1 healthy. You download the league file, because you want to put the only healthy Goalie as starter. But you can't do that, because the last game made your Roster incomplete (The Goalie was injuried).

The same thing goes for all the positions... You get too many injuries/suspension, and you can't change your lines...

This could solve the problem:
*Let the GMs change their lines even if the Roster is incomplete.
*When generating the league file, let the simulator leave a message like "Fix San Jose Sharks Roster, and then generate the League File again".

This message doesn't have to show up when generating the league files, just make it show up sometime so the Commish knows about it, can put in a "Reserv Goalie", and then generate a new league file.

(If the Simulator could auto-create a "Reserv" when this problem comes up, that would be awesome)

In the FHLSim, the GMs could change their lines even if their Roster was incomplete. But the Commish couldn't play the games, without doing something to solve the problem...
You won't be able to simulate unless the rosters and lines are completes. The team itself will have to trade for another goalie or the commish will have to manually un-injured a goalie.

In the farm, there is "Unknown Player" but they are not available in the pro.

In the STHS, you have to fix the problem BEFORE it get to the client. ;)
-SimonT
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

So basically GM's will have to send in new lines daily if the league sims 1 sim day of games per day.
The problem would more or less cause leagues who sim multiple sim days of game in 1 day more of a problem.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Icepilot wrote:So basically GM's will have to send in new lines daily if the league sims 1 sim day of games per day.
The problem would more or less cause leagues who sim multiple sim days of game in 1 day more of a problem.
I'm confused here.

You won't be able to simulate unless the rosters and lines are completes. If you roster is incomplete, the lines can not be done. It's a protection to make sure you simulate games correctly. What is wrong is that?

It has nothing to do with the GM.
-SimonT
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

After i sim, i will have the file that the GM's need to do thier lines, right ?

They will do thir lines and send them back to and i will load them into the sim for the next days sim.
So any change that needs to be made ie: replace injured player, replace suspended player etc the GM will do before sending me his lineup.

I am assuming this is how it works, or am i wrong.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Replace injured player and replace suspended player are done after the simulation but before the output.
-SimonT