FHLSim to STHS Migration

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Lubby
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

FHLSim to STHS Migration

Post by Lubby »

Has anyone been able to do the migration being able to keep their current rosters and contracts in place? If so how. If anyone who has experience doing it is willing to help walk me through it I will be on msn all day today at [email protected]

I took the day off to do this and don't want to have to manually update everything.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1) Did you run the STHS Migration Utility?
2) Did you read the manuel section 4.1
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Lubby

Post by Lubby »

When going through the steps 4.1 when I first create the league and have to select a player csv file and coach csv file which ones should I choose? Maybe that is what I screwed up last time?
Lubby

Post by Lubby »

It looks like when I use the STHS Migration Utility it doesn't create the players.csv file properly, thats why the contracts aren't correct. Any ideas how to fix this? I tried using the fhlsim drs creator program, but it doesn't work for me at all.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1) Why are the contracts incorrect?
2) Why is the Fhlsim drs creator program doesn't work? P.S. (Try running it directly from the C: drive)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Lubby

Post by Lubby »

1) They are showing wrongs amount of years and amounts.

2) Still doesn't work trying from there either. I emailed you the files, maybe its just my computer.
CNGHL Angus
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by CNGHL Angus »

I wanted a clean player database so I merged our current FHL league salaries into the new DVHL ratings .csv file (thanks D-Master :wink: ). It took some time but it was worth the effort for our league. With Excel 2003, you can view two files side-by-side which made things easier.

Our league does not use Euro players or retirees so I had a chance to delete them before creating my new STHS league. I could also fix the odd spelling mistake too if necessary.

Once I knew I had two files containing the exact number of players in the correct order, I copied and pasted our league's salaries and contract lengths over the the DVHL file.