Pros & Cons? (STHS Vs. FHL)

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Pros & Cons? (STHS Vs. FHL)

Post by SimonT »

Icepilot wrote:I believe the sim automatically pulls the goaltender when a team is down 1 goal and there is 1 minute left in the game.
Exact. I'll become an option in Version 2.0
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Thanks again for your replies, I really appreciate it! I've been messing around with it a lot more and seem to be getting the hang of it. Here is another question (if you don't mind) of something I'm not sure I understand, from the manual this is what it says about the Fatigue option...
Fatigue - Option on fatigue during the matches.
Note : The setting you choose here are apply for players and goalies that have 100 in durability.
I don't think I am understanding this correctly, because I've looked through a lot of ratings packages and there is not one singles player with 100 durability. And also in the sim it lists the option as "Fatigue For 100 Durability".

Thanks.....
M.R.L.84
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by M.R.L.84 »

"Durability" is the same thing as "Condition" in FHL.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

M.R.L.84 wrote:"Durability" is the same thing as "Condition" in FHL.
False.. Condition is the False in FHL that STHS.

This option was build in the later version so player with less durability get fatigue faster. A player with 100 durability can play more without losing condition that a player with 50 of durability.
-SimonT
M.R.L.84
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by M.R.L.84 »

Oops... I didn't read his question well... I'm Sorry :lol:
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

SimonT wrote:
M.R.L.84 wrote:"Durability" is the same thing as "Condition" in FHL.
False.. Condition is the False in FHL that STHS.

This option was build in the later version so player with less durability get fatigue faster. A player with 100 durability can play more without losing condition that a player with 50 of durability.
So is that why goalies are dropping in CD faster? I've noticed that a couple versions ago, that even though I have the shots fatigue set at 32, goalies can face 28 shots and still a lose a CD point ....

And one of the best things about STHS is the records...

http://www.glidingeagle.com/geha/year7/ ... cords.html

http://www.glidingeagle.com/geha/year7/ ... cords.html

Trying to do anything similiar in FHL is near impossible, but STHS provides it easily. I'm into my seventh season with STHS, and its been very very easy when compared to my last FHL league, no more having to worry about tedious crashes that erases a lot of work or you lose sims. I've simmed over two thousand games now in my league, and have only lost games twice. And one of my favourite features is the fact you can custom make your own schedule - it takes a little bit of patience but the results are well worth it - I can easily do an entire season (FA, Playoffs, everything) in about 45 days...
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:This option was build in the later version so player with less durability get fatigue faster. A player with 100 durability can play more without losing condition that a player with 50 of durability.
But like I was saying earlier, I have yet to see a player with 100 Durability. So the feature is for all players then?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:
SimonT wrote:This option was build in the later version so player with less durability get fatigue faster. A player with 100 durability can play more without losing condition that a player with 50 of durability.
But like I was saying earlier, I have yet to see a player with 100 Durability. So the feature is for all players then?
If a player does not have 100 DU, the options you enter are calculate for is %.

For example, if the option is to set to loss an condition of 1 after 20 minutes of play time for a player, a player with 50 DU would lost 1 in condition avec 10 minutes of play time (50/100*20). A player with 60 DU would lost 1 in condition after 12 play time (60/100*20)
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:
Kramden23 wrote:
If a player does not have 100 DU, the options you enter are calculate for is %.

For example, if the option is to set to loss an condition of 1 after 20 minutes of play time for a player, a player with 50 DU would lost 1 in condition avec 10 minutes of play time (50/100*20). A player with 60 DU would lost 1 in condition after 12 play time (60/100*20)
So basically what you're saying is that feature is BASED on 100 DU, but does not apply ONLY to players with 100 DU, since there are none. Would that be a correct statement?

Is there a way to see a players condition (like CD in FHL), or will their DU change according to that?

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I don't understand the last question.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:I don't understand the last question.
I guess basically, how do you know whyen a player is tired, or when your goalie needs a day off?

Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Look at the player roster and look under the CON column.

If it says anything less than 100 then that player is tired.

And the next column (IJ) indicates how long a player is injured for.
animal74
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by animal74 »

SimonT wrote:If a player does not have 100 DU, the options you enter are calculate for is %.

In regards to your statement above, does that formula work the same for forwards and defensemen? Is DU the only stat that affects a player's likeliness to get injured or do other stats affect that as well? I'm also assuming there's a random component to injuries?

Does anything else such as Hits Taken affect a player's condition/fatigue during a game?

Thanks!
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

I am not in front of the sim right now but i do believe Forwards, Goaltenders all have options in the sim to determine hop fast they get tired. Not too sure about D-Man but when i get home i'll check the options.

It's based on minutes played as well as what the players has as a DU. The lower the DU the faster they will get tired. And i believe hits taken do affect the players DU, But Simon will be able to shed light on that more.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Their an option for defense also. Please read the manual.
-SimonT