Free Agent Tool

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Free Agent Tool

Post by QSHL »

I've discovered your Free Agent Tool, and I really think it makes things much more simple for both me (league president) and my GMs.

Unfortunately, there are also things to improve. I'll throw in some suggestions, feel free to consider the ones that make sense and get rid of the ones that don't.

For leagues like mine who throw in offers, then counter-offers, etc.

1 - Commish be able to do a counter-offer that GMs can read in the *.sts file

2- Allow GMs to re-open their file (if they have done a mistake, they have to re-do the whole thing as of now)

3 - Allow GMs to see their previous offer (open a previous *.shf file)

4 - Allow commish the option to output a page with all the offers sorted per team, which wouldn't be the transaction page because I don't want my GMs to see the offers other GMs have made to UFAs.

Just random thoughts,

Alex
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: Free Agent Tool

Post by gab_3020 »

J'appuie! surtout la numéro 4! sa ne doit pas être si compliquer!
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.
Stevo
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Stevo »

j'appuie !
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1. If I do that, everyone will probably be able to see that counter-offer. Not a good idea from my point.

2. Already done in V2.

3. Already done in V2.

4. I'll do for V2.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

Wow.

Great news for #2, 3, 4. It has created some tough problems this off-season for us already. I'm very happy to learn they've been done and/or on their way.

As for #1, boy, didn't I think of that! You are totally right!! If it's in the .sts file, all GMs will be able to see it.

See, I don't know how other leagues are ran. Yet, I know in mine, we do counter-offers, over counter-offers, and again and again until we reach an agreement after sometimes 4 or 5 different files. What I'd like this program to do would be a way to keep track of old offers and old counter-offers made by me (and/or my agent, but that I can manage to do it on my own). As of today, I need to re-copy every little texts made by all GMs to all players along with the offers + all e-mails I sent with replies to track down the negociation.

The salary, I mean, I have an excel file so it's not that long... I just copy and paste it from the transactions page.

My problem is with the texts. They can't be outputted in the transaction page -- this would be a pain. I don't even want this to be a suggestion!! :lol:

Think you (or any other GM here) could come up with something?

Thanks again. Your open-mind is really appreciated!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

QSHL wrote:My problem is with the texts. They can't be outputted in the transaction page -- this would be a pain. I don't even want this to be a suggestion!! :lol:
I don't understand sentence. Can you clarify it?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

Quelqu'un veut signer l'agent libre "Simon Tremblay".

Il lui offre 3,000,000$ pour 3 ans avec 2,000,000$ de boni de signature.

Il y a aussi la boîte de dialogue "Comments".
Ces commentaires là, donc les arguments que les DGs utilisent pour me convaincre, j'aurais aimé être capable de les lire dans mon output. En même temps, non, car plusieurs DGs se rendent quasiment à 1000 caractères. Ca ferait de méga pages à faire l'output.