help needed to test roster creator for V2

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
jwr38
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

help needed to test roster creator for V2

Post by jwr38 »

I have created a web based roster creator for version 2 of the sim and I will port to version 1 later after creating the code for goalies. Right now the coding of creating players with a huge range of options is complete. As I don't own the full game (I'm unemployed with no cash on hand) I need people to help test, help writing a "how to use" guide and help developing pre-sets so users can create detailed rosters quickly. I need people that have some time, and have either msn or facebook chat system (and online from 20:00 CET to 24:00 CET) or are willing to write detailed emails.

I still have a lot of work to do. While it creates random players in any way you choose the front end needs a little dressing up so it is easier to use. Right now it is only in beta. If you are interested in helping out please PM me.

oh, the roster creator will be free to use. :)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: help needed to test roster creator for V2

Post by SimonT »

You have a beta preview? :?: :mrgreen:
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

Yes I do. I would rather keep the address under wraps for the mass public until all the bugs are ironed out and it is easier to use. I understand the internet and that first impressions matter to most people. I don't want to spend all this time building it for no one to use it because they don't understand what to do. I have PM'ed you the address of my working beta.

If anyone wants to see it in it's current form ... where you can create a huge range of rosters (with only French Canadian names if you so desire!!) then it will cost you .... you need to help me out with opinions etc. ;)
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

not one person even willing to help test. Very disappointing. I have a product that I made for free and no one is willing to help. In that case I am not thinking of releasing it.

I will just keep it for private leagues and charge.
myRPHA.com

Post by myRPHA.com »

Is this software going to be used to create fictional players?
Stephen Clow
RPHA Administrator (Ret.)

http://www.myRPHA.ca
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

yes but it is more than just that.

It can base players off your settings.

Lets say you want around 1 elite prospect per draft you can set that up .. and set the values between a range. hell you can even go my chance .. say .1% in 300 players you get a elite player. How about setting up different ranges for different styles of players .. i.e sniper, all rounder, powerforward, playmaker offense defense, def def .. and all round def ... yup can do, how about break each of those down into different strengths so what an elitle player could look like down to a farm player (elite,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,farm)

how about setting the % where player come from and their names are based off that. .. more than one position (with a given range for each position)... setting up rookies, birthdays, number of players .... There are lots of options.

But the problem is that I need to create presets ... and I want to do other things as well like the re rater. so doing data entry .. not high on my list :)
myRPHA.com

Post by myRPHA.com »

Email me. Let me know what I can do to possibly help out.

[email protected]
Stephen Clow
RPHA Administrator (Ret.)

http://www.myRPHA.ca
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

jwr38 : Check your PM (Private Message).
-SimonT
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

With the support from Simon I will be offering this for free. :) Right now I have 1 other person with the game helping out testing. The creator is still being tested right now so it is not ready to be released. While it creates rosters ready to be imported the stats give strange results. So far I get about 1 player on each team with 700 PM. So I am working out how to set up fighting so you aren't getting 6-8 fights on the default settings.

features
- One click league rosters
- ability to design 7 different styles of players (4 for offense and 3 for defense)
- each style can be broken down into 5 levels (elite, 1st liner ... 4th liners)
- either choose the number of level you would like or use a % (i.e. 3 elite players or 1% of players elite)
- each value has a min and max.
- player country chance (if you wanted you could have 90% of the players as Germans or all canadians ... or all French Canadians)
- names are based off the country they are from (Canadians choose between french and english names)
- printing out in csv format ready for importing into the player creator
- use presets to change all the values (not done yet)
- ability to save your settings for use again later. (not done yet)

I am going as fast as I can. I hope to have it complete for general use in about 2 weeks (it could be sooner or later depending on the testing). It won't be complete with all functions or look pretty but I am hoping it will give good league results. From th
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Me Like!
-SimonT
Les M
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Les M »

I can help, if you like.
MrIntriago

Post by MrIntriago »

I'd be willing to help test this our for you.
MrIntriago

Post by MrIntriago »

I'd be willing to help test this our for you. as the last league i was doing i had to steal a draft class from EHM lol
Gibson39

Post by Gibson39 »

Id be interested in helping
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

Sorry it won't be ready in two weeks. I had to rush my wife to hospital on Monday and she will be there for another weeks. So that means I am at hospital or looking after the kids. Progress is slow.

If you are willing to help please link your league in the message. I have given the link out to a few people and they have not responded. it seems that many people are all in for the taking not helping. So far only one person has given me help and he was from a league with 50 teams and 18 seasons!