0.9.8 (trial) - Can't import players

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
JeffH
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

0.9.8 (trial) - Can't import players

Post by JeffH »

I am attempting to set up a league in the trial version, and even the most basic things don't seem to be working for me. Whenever I try to import players (from a V1 file, in accordance with the instructions in the manual), I get the error message "File: Name does not exist". This happens with both the 1991 and the 2010 files available on this site.

I was able to open the 1991 file in the trial version of version 1. But (a) I would rather use the newer version if possible and (b) the first thing I want to do is reduce the number of teams in the league and hold a fantasy draft, which appears to be difficult if not impossible to do that way; I would much rather just set up the league the way I want it with the players but not the teams from that file.

(I am running Vista in case it matters, and yes, I am remembering to run as administrator, not that it's made any obvious difference so far.)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: 0.9.8 (trial) - Can't import players

Post by SimonT »

What are you trying? Tell me step by step.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

There are several things I've tried, all of which give more or less the same result. Here is one of them:

1. Open the DB I want in version 1. (This bit works fine.)

2. Attempt to export it in the manner the version 2 manual says. Here I encounter my first problem; when I go to the Bonus menu, contrary to the manual, there is no such option as "Command". However, there is an option that says "output ratings CSV" and I assume that's what I am supposed to use. So I use it. (For some reason, it automatically creates a directory called "Dossier Rich" and dumps it in there, without prompting me.)

3. Close version 1, open version 2 (making sure to use the "Run as Administrator" option to do so), and go to File => New. Enter the name, desired number of teams and budget.

4. Click on V1 Importation, find the file I just exported, and locate the Player Ratings csv. Get the error message noted above.

5. Begin tearing hair out.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

2. Are you using the lastest version? The command "v1export'" only work in the 1.1.6 or more.

The option Output Rating CSV is NOT for importation in V2 directly using you go via the STHS Rating Utility. It's create that directory because that where you Output option V1 are set to.
-SimonT
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

SimonT wrote:2. Are you using the lastest version? The command "v1export'" only work in the 1.1.6 or more.

The option Output Rating CSV is NOT for importation in V2 directly using you go via the STHS Rating Utility. It's create that directory because that where you Output option V1 are set to.
Well, I'm using the demo version I downloaded from this site last night. It says that is 1.1.8.

Actually, I just found the "Command" option, it's under "Help" rather than "Bonus". It doesn't work, saying I need to do the entry draft first, so I'll do that and then see if this way works.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

ok
-SimonT
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Wait a minute, it looks like I can't do an entry draft until I do a full season. Is that intentional? Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to do something that the manual leads one to believe should be extremely simple.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Also, and still in version 1, whenever I try to activate a prospect, I get a "Player not found" message. Trying to import them again results in every player's name appearing twice on the list, but does not stop this error from happening.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

JeffH wrote:Wait a minute, it looks like I can't do an entry draft until I do a full season. Is that intentional? Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to do something that the manual leads one to believe should be extremely simple.
This is intentional.
JeffH wrote:Also, and still in version 1, whenever I try to activate a prospect, I get a "Player not found" message. Trying to import them again results in every player's name appearing twice on the list, but does not stop this error from happening.
Players must have the EXACT same name; a players with a ' is different that a `.
-SimonT