Reprise Video

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Reprise Video

Post by PNHL »

Je sais pas si y'a déja qui en a fait mention, mais je me demandais si c'était possible d'ajouter une raison a la reprise vidéo. Présentement on sait vraiment pas pourquoi il a reprise vidéo..

12:58 of 1st period - Slapshot by R.J. Umberger.
12:58 of 1st period - Columbus Blue Jackets goal is going for a video replay.
12:58 of 1st period - The goal is good.
12:58 of 1st period - Goal by R.J. Umberger - Chicago Blackhawks : 1 - Columbus Blue Jackets : 3.

Ceci était mon Premier point.

Pour mon 2e Point qui a toujours lien avec les reprises vidéo, j'aimerais qu'on inscrive le temps de la reprise vidéo dans le Game Note.

Game Notes

Columbus Blue Jackets goal is going for a video replay. After video review, Goal.

Je trouve que cette option du simulateur agréable a pas assez de détail du Qui? Quand? Pourquoi? ..

Merci!
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Reprise Video

Post by Kitsune »

yes... details if possible would be great. I'm sometimes left scratching my head why goals were dis-allowed.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

If you give me a list of reason that a goal can be refuse, I'll add it to the sim.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

SimonT wrote:If you give me a list of reason that a goal can be refuse, I'll add it to the sim.
Then it'd mean it would simply be randomized?

If so, I really don't mind. It'd be fun to read and then write a text/article about on our forums.

But from what I understand in the OP, the user wants to know THE REAL REASON why the video review has happened. My initial guess is that's it's a random event in a game, not really something "happening". Otherwise, you'd know yourself why a goal would be disallowed :
- shot deflected above the goal post (which means a shot probably comes from the D)
- goalie interference (which means there's been a checking forward in front of the net crashing it)
- early whistle blow (which means there's been a short rebound allowed)
- net moved from its position before puck went in (which means there's been a hit near the net, or a player crashing for a short rebound)
- kicking the puck in (which means a pass has been deflected in)
- puck crossing or not the goal line (which means the goalie has not controlled the shot and it slowly crept behind him and not quite making it pass the red line).

I guess there are other reasons.

As stated above, there an interest in having a randomized reason on a randomized event. There's a much higher interest if it really explain why the sim created the "goal video review" event.
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by PNHL »

(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.
(ii) When the puck has been kicked using a distinct kicking motion.
(iii) When the puck has deflected directly into the net off an official.
(iv) When a goal has been scored and an ineligible player is on the ice.
(v) When an attacking player has interfered with a goalkeeper in his goal crease.
(vi) When the puck has entered the net after making contact with an attacking player’s stick that is above the height of the crossbar. Where the puck makes contact with the stick is the determining factor.
(vii) When video review confirms the scoring of a goal at one end of the ice, any goal scored at the other end on the same play must be disallowed.
(viii) When a Linesman reports a double-minor penalty for high-sticking, a major penalty or a match penalty to the Referee following the scoring of a goal by the offending team, the goal must be disallowed and the appropriate penalty assessed.
(ix) When a goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck after making a save.
(x) When the net becomes displaced accidentally. The goal frame is considered to be displaced if either or both goal pegs are no longer in their respective holes in the ice, or the net has come completely off one or both pegs, prior to or as the puck enters the goal.
(xi) During the delayed calling of a penalty, the offending team cannot score unless the non-offending team shoots the puck into their own net. This shall mean that a deflection off an offending player, or any physical action by an offending player that may cause the puck to enter the non-offending team’s goal, shall not be considered a legal goal. Play shall be stopped before the puck enters the net (whenever possible) and the signaled penalty assessed to the offending team.
(xii) When the Referee deems the play has been stopped, even if he had not physically had the opportunity to stop play by blowing his whistle.
(xiii) Any goal scored, other than as covered by the official rules, shall not be allowed.

I took this from NHL Official Rules
:D
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I'll check what I can do in the 2.0.6.
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

There is some pretty funny in there. Here are the 9 possibilites in the STHS.

The puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.
The puck has been kicked using a distinct kicking motion.
The puck has deflected directly into the net off by an official.
The goal has been scored and an ineligible player is on the ice.
The attacking player has interfered with a goalkeeper in his goal crease.
The puck has entered the net after making contact with an attacking player’s stick that is above the height of the crossbar.
The goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck after making a save.
The net was displaced accidentally.
The referee deems the play has been stopped, even if he had not physically had the opportunity to stop play by blowing his whistle.
-SimonT
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by PNHL »

:) Merci!!!
SDHL_Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by SDHL_Commish »

Nice addition!
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

P.S. Only on engine 2.0 and engine 2.1 in version 2 of the STHS.
-SimonT
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

Well, I'd say after seeing how it turns out, no one's all that pleased with this new feature.

We're not against it, nor are we asking it to be removed (like birthdays, which is a pain for me when I create players).

It's just stupid to see these things :
9:13 of 3rd period - Slapshot by Oleg Zhvitov.
9:13 of 3rd period - Stopped by Benoit Lepage with a rebound.
9:15 of 3rd period - Snap shot by Cedric Dorais.
9:15 of 3rd period - Empereurs goal is going for a video replay.
9:15 of 3rd period - The goal is refused. The goal has been scored and an ineligible player is on the ice.

But there are obviously no penalties for too many men on ice, or anything like that.

Or this :

13:03 of 2nd period - Snap shot by Simon Fleurent.
13:03 of 2nd period - Gangsters goal is going for a video replay.
13:03 of 2nd period - The goal is refused. The puck has deflected directly into the net off by an official..

I don't see how a shot from the point could/would be deflected off an official straight into the net.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

and should it not be a Slap shot instead of a Snap Shot ?

Snap shot is when you take a picture
http://qnhl.net
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by PNHL »

I totally agree with you..

We should probably only insert ''real time'' reason to refuse a goal..

Like Puck deflect too high, or kicked in, or Interference on goalie..

Puck deflected directly in by an official, you wont see that so many times in a decade!
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

Even if the puck was deflected in the net by an official, I don't see why the goal should be disallowed... If a goal is scored with any other part of the body aside from the player's stick and there was no convincing way in which the puck was pushed in the goal with a body part, then the goal is good. How many time have we seen goals be scored by deflections by helmets, a player's face, from the back, a leg... I don't understand why the referee deflection should not allow a goal, they are part of the playing surface.

Is that even an official NHL rule?
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons