Brand new REALISTIC sim league!!!

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
Skyward Hockey
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Brand new REALISTIC sim league!!!

Post by Skyward Hockey »

Greetings! My name is Thomas Gidlow, former commissioner of the PFHL (2008-2011 - league was commished by Aaron Sanderson from 2002-06). I am starting up a brand new sim league called "Skyward Hockey" and we need dedicated, talented, and competitive GM's to help us fill out our complement of great people!

Some highlights about our league:

-- Fully self-designed website geared toward being informative, easy to follow, and entertaining - no portal here!
-- Features you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE in sim hockey, such as videos, a "Meet the GM's" section, podcasts, interviews, audio/video shows, and more!
-- 100% sim-based rerates - why should a player who broke out on your team be subject to his NHL counterpart?
-- Fully realistically rated complement of real-life players (no fake players or 95 SC + 55 DF players in our league!)
-- All players rated to current statistics and attributes (Crosby's DU is 85, by the way!)
-- ACTIVITY - you won't find a better, more mature, and fun group of active GM's (MSN/Windows Live, message board posts, etc) on the internet!
-- Easy to read rulebook geared toward realism, healthy competition, and fun!
-- Get in on the ground floor - build your team from the bottom up in our full 54-round player dispersal draft!

About the Dispersal Draft - we decided to do a "snake" Dispersal Draft to divide up the players (pro/farm/prospect) in our league. This means if you pick first in the first round, you pick last in the next round, then first in round 3, last in round 4, and so on. We will hold rounds 1 through 4 live via UStream broadcast and MSN/Windows Live, and then through list submissions via email for most of the rest of the draft (visit the site for more details).

We currently have 9 openings - CGY, COL, DAL, EDM, FLA, LAK, NSH, SJS, and STL. But as I said, the team you have doesn't really matter - you will be building your team from scratch! This is a very unique opportunity to build the kind of team you want - how many times have you come into a league where you have to pick up the pieces after some other guy destroyed the team? You make your own destiny! Build a dynasty to win now, or build through your farm and our yearly real-life Entry Drafts (using players straight from the NHL Entry Draft). The choice is yours!

To apply for a spot in our league, visit our website and click the link to the GM Questionaire as instructed on the front page. Follow the instructions on the next page and I will get back with you ASAP! We are still working on our rosters, but we aim to start the dispersal draft by this coming Thursday. So please, act quickly if interested!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks folks!

Thomas Gidlow
Skyward Hockey Commissioner
http://www.skywardhockey.com
[email protected]
Skyward Hockey

Re: Brand new REALISTIC sim league!!!

Post by Skyward Hockey »

COL, DAL, FLA, LAK, NSH, SJS, and STL are the updated remaining available teams. Check us out at www.skywardhockey.com - thanks!
Skyward Hockey

Re: Brand new REALISTIC sim league!!!

Post by Skyward Hockey »

I won't subject you all to endless bumps - I'll just keep editing this post. But, we only have 4 teams open with our FULL player dispersal draft (meaning you draft your pro/farm teams and your prospect list - 54 players in all!) around the corner - we start on Thursday night LIVE via web stream at 7:00pm EST.

Teams remaining: COL, DAL, FLA, and STL (but again, all teams will be emptied prior to dispersal draft)

http://www.skywardhockey.com

Thanks!