Slider to 100 on Finances = Max Money?

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Skyward Hockey
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Slider to 100 on Finances = Max Money?

Post by Skyward Hockey »

I looked back a few threads and didn't see anything on this. But I do recall in the old STHS, moving the Finances silder up to 100 didn't necessarily mean that you were maximizing the possibility to earn per-game revenue. Revenue actually went down if I recall correctly.

Basically we are just about to start our playoffs and we're trying to make sure teams make more per-game and sell out in the playoffs, since that's usually what happens in the NHL. Our near-average revenue for each team during a typical regular season game is around $1.2 million or so, and our finances slider is set to 77. If I go all the way to 100 for our playoffs, am I basically increasing potential for revenue by about 23%, with the new STHS sim? We use 2.0, for the record.

Also - is there any way we can guarantee that a team will sellout a game, short of re-writing the boxscore HTML and just manually entering the additional cash they would have made with a sellout? I know that adjusting ticket prices can lead to a sellout, but even in my last two regular season home games, I always slash my ticket prices 50% across the board as a "Fan Appreciation" thing and still don't hit a sellout.

Any help from anyone on this would be aces. Thanks!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Slider to 100 on Finances = Max Money?

Post by SimonT »

The Finance Slider only impact "Other Income" if you have more that 50 of sliders or "Other Expense" if you have less than 50 line in your Finance Box Score. If you raise it to 100, the "Other Income" will raise but it’s still depending on your total ticket income. If that number is very low to start with, your "other income" will be low also.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français