FTP Features Missing

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
neoen
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

FTP Features Missing

Post by neoen »

Just bought the software, and found out that there are two features missing. One should be VERY, VERY easy to add to the next build, the other would have some thinking around logic.

1. Option to upload the CSVXML file to a directory
2. Modify the client software so that it autodownloads the newest client file. How? I think this can be done by having an option when you open a client file that asks the user if they would like to check for an upgrade. If yes, and there is an upgrade it downloads the newest file and uses it. The FTP info would come from the older client file you originally used. The other option would be include a small config file with the STHS client. When the user enters the ftp info the first time it creates a .inf file that checks for the newest file everytime you open the program.

I definately want (need) to see option 1, and wish to see option 2 in the future.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: FTP Features Missing

Post by SimonT »

1. Simply change your CSVXML Folder for the same folder that "Output Folder" and the file should get upload.
2. You really want to load the STHS Client file twice. I don't think a lot of GM would think the same. And you need to go your league website to see your lastest game result so it's also one click question to download file.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
neoen
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by neoen »

1. Perfect
2. Thats why I had the idea of a config file. You would be able to load the program without ever going to the site.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

From my point, it's hot a good idea because you wanted your GM to go on the site to look at the lastest result.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français