V1 to V2 Conversion Problem - Must do it before Entry Draft.

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

V1 to V2 Conversion Problem - Must do it before Entry Draft.

Post by SICHLCommish »

Hi,
I am about to start the 2010-2011 Season of the SICHL (our 13th season since 1999). This year we are moving to STHS V2 after one successful year with V1. The first big thing we do at the start of a new season after our summer vacation is update all the players in the league with the latest re-rates and then we hold the Entry Draft.

So I installed V2 and read the manual about migrating from V1. I tried to do the v1export command but I get an error message that I can only do it during the off season and only *after* the entry draft?!?? Huh? This is a problem. How can I override this error and get the league to export/import right now?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: V1 to V2 Conversion Problem - Must do it before Entry Dr

Post by SimonT »

How can this be an error? Since return to V1, do your entry draft and move to V2.

OR

Move to V2 but you do your entry draft manually.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by SICHLCommish »

My problems with the two options:

(1): Before the Entry Draft, the re-rates have to be applied so that GMs can make trades leading up to the draft and on the draft floor based on what the new ratings are going to be for this season. There are differences between V1 and V2 ratings, so if we migrate after the draft, all players will have different ratings (hopefully only very small changes, but still)

(2)(a): I would love to migrate to V2 now, but as I mentioned there is an error. V1 will not do the export until the draft is complete.
(b): I expect that I could run a mock draft or something, then delete all the dummy prospects, but once we got to V2 then I expect that the draft picks would be gone from the teams. So even if I tried to run the draft again how do I set it up with the right draft order, and right picks assigned to the right teams? This option would be a lot of work.
(c): If you mean to try to run the draft completely manually offline without using the simulator that is simply not an option. Way too much work to keep track of things, plus we run the draft live online with a live draft board (just the NHL) which is populated automatically from output by the sim.

Anyway, I'm guessing the less painful option is #1, though I'll have some explaining to do to my GMs that the player ratings will be updated again in a couple weeks. Hopefully the excitement of starting the new season will override any fears they have of the extra re-rates :roll:
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I just finished the exact same thing in my league.

What I ended up doing was just posting the rerates online on google docs for the GMs to reference to. I didn't bother updating ratings in V1 while the entry draft went on.

Granted it easier for the GMs to look in the sim but it's a one time inconvenience :
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I like ynohtna idea.

I would even go 1 step further. What stop you on showing them a V2 Roster HTML file instead of Google Docs?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

SimonT wrote:I like ynohtna idea.

I would even go 1 step further. What stop you on showing them a V2 Roster HTML file instead of Google Docs?
I had that too, but I like google docs cause you can filter and sort by any attribute to your hearts content :)
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.