Re-rate Page

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re-rate Page

Post by Kramden23 »

I made the suggestion a while back for the re-rate difference page that you put into V2. I was wondering/hoping you could add this to V1. I know you said you would not add any new features to V1, but it seems to be more of an output rather than a "new feature", so I was just wondering/hoping this was possible :D
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Re-rate Page

Post by SimonT »

Sorry again but I'm not adding new features in V1 anymore. With the availability of 1.1 simulation engine in the V2, I don’t understand why people stay with version 1.1.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:Sorry again but I'm not adding new features in V1 anymore. With the availability of 1.1 simulation engine in the V2, I don’t understand why people stay with version 1.1.
Because as I understand it, if you use the 1.1 simulation engine in V2 then none of the new features (line ice time sliders, last minute stategies etc) are of use anyway. So why switch?

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Because there is WAY more option in V2 that in V1.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:Because there is WAY more option in V2 that in V1.
I would just prefer for my GMs to not even see the all the lines editing options that they can't use until we are actually ready to switch to V2. As of right now I see far too many complaints about the simulation engine so I don't feel comfortable switching. And if I'm going to use the 1.1 sim engine then I would prefer to just stay with V1 for the time being.

SDHL_Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by SDHL_Commish »

Kramden23 wrote:
SimonT wrote:Because there is WAY more option in V2 that in V1.
I would just prefer for my GMs to not even see the all the lines editing options that they can't use until we are actually ready to switch to V2. As of right now I see far too many complaints about the simulation engine so I don't feel comfortable switching. And if I'm going to use the 1.1 sim engine then I would prefer to just stay with V1 for the time being.
I'm in agreement with Simon on this, Kramden. I still use v1.1 in my league, but with the v2 software. It's worth it for the "position listing" as opposed to "position switching" alone. The former is a one time thing, while the latter can happen several times over the course of a season.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SDHL_Commish wrote:I'm in agreement with Simon on this, Kramden. I still use v1.1 in my league, but with the v2 software. It's worth it for the "position listing" as opposed to "position switching" alone. The former is a one time thing, while the latter can happen several times over the course of a season.
If I'm going to run the 1.1 sim engine I would prefer to run it out of V1. I don't want to throw V2 at my GMs, say look at all this neat stuff in the lines editor, however you can't use any of it :(
As for position editing we have limits in our league, so a GM can't change a player back and forth from LW to RW every other day, so it's not really a big deal.

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

But you are ignoring important features:
The ability to have 1 to 6 divisions across 2 conference
The ability to setup your professional and farm rosters/lineups for the next 10 games
Option to created your own overall formula
Automatic lifetime back up of your league files
The ability for your general managers to reset there team stats
Separate schedules for professional and farm with unlimited number of possibility
Option to set player salary different for each year
Contract Restriction (Play professional and farm only)
New Payroll Option
And most important, the new rerate output page! ;)
-SimonT
SDHL_Commish

Post by SDHL_Commish »

Kramden23 wrote:
SDHL_Commish wrote:I'm in agreement with Simon on this, Kramden. I still use v1.1 in my league, but with the v2 software. It's worth it for the "position listing" as opposed to "position switching" alone. The former is a one time thing, while the latter can happen several times over the course of a season.
If I'm going to run the 1.1 sim engine I would prefer to run it out of V1. I don't want to throw V2 at my GMs, say look at all this neat stuff in the lines editor, however you can't use any of it :(
As for position editing we have limits in our league, so a GM can't change a player back and forth from LW to RW every other day, so it's not really a big deal.

Have you presented them with the option?
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:But you are ignoring important features:
The ability to have 1 to 6 divisions across 2 conference
The ability to setup your professional and farm rosters/lineups for the next 10 games
Option to created your own overall formula
Automatic lifetime back up of your league files
The ability for your general managers to reset there team stats
Separate schedules for professional and farm with unlimited number of possibility
Option to set player salary different for each year
Contract Restriction (Play professional and farm only)
New Payroll Option
And most important, the new rerate output page! ;)
I'm probably in the cynical minority, but here we go.....

The ability to have 1 to 6 divisions across 2 conference - Our league has been structured the same way for 9 years. We don't plan on expansion or downsizing.

The ability to setup your professional and farm rosters/lineups for the next 10 games - I feel this only breeds laziness and less activity, we don't allow lines in advance.

Option to created your own overall formula - I am actually against this. When switching from FHL to STHS we had to redo a lot of rules as we base a lot of stuff on OV. I would have prefered the OV calculation formula to stay the same, and now we will have to redo rules all over again.

Automatic lifetime back up of your league files - I have never had a problem with any files being backed up, and I back up league files to server everyday with 1-click.

The ability for your general managers to reset there team stats - Would be a cool feature but not enough to make me switch yet.

Separate schedules for professional and farm with unlimited number of possibility - I really don't think it matters who plays when, as long as they do. It is irrelevant if your pro and farm team play on the same day against the same teams or not.

Option to set player salary different for each year - Could be cool, but will also be a pain in devising rules how teams are allowed to structure their salaries so they're not backloaded.

Contract Restriction (Play professional and farm only) - Could be useful, but not sure why a farm player wouldn't be allowed to play pro, and you can set OV limitation for the farm as it stands now.

New Payroll Option - We use a hard cap, that's it. I have looked over v2 and would be using the V1 cap option anyhow. We have a hard cap and you can't exceed it.

And most important, the new rerate output page - Yes would be nice, but again not switching over for one option at this point.

My main reason for switching to V2 would be to give our GMs a more hand-on approach to setting their rosters, lines, ice-time, strategies etc...since those options wouldn't be available to them, again I see no point in switching yet :(

Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SDHL_Commish wrote:
Kramden23 wrote:

Have you presented them with the option?
Yes, and they would prefer not to switch if it doesn't allow them to utilize the available options.

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Anyway, I recheck my V2 code and it's impossible for me to back-port in V1. The part of the data is simply is not available in V1.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:Anyway, I recheck my V2 code and it's impossible for me to back-port in V1. The part of the data is simply is not available in V1.
Thanks for at least giving it a look! You can probably delete this thread now.

SDHL_Commish

Post by SDHL_Commish »

Kramden23 wrote:
Yes, and they would prefer not to switch if it doesn't allow them to utilize the available options.
That's like saying even though I live in a house without a pool, I will not move into a much nicer house with a pool, because that pool is currently not working. Never mind the nicer kitchen, bigger rooms, extra shower, etc. Having to look at that empty pool just ruins it all! Which, I guess if it does for you guys, whatever.

On a side note, a bottle is capable of holding 12 fluid ounces. The bottle currently contains 6 fluid ounces. Is the bottle half-full or half-empty?

:)
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SDHL_Commish wrote:That's like saying even though I live in a house without a pool, I will not move into a much nicer house with a pool, because that pool is currently not working. Never mind the nicer kitchen, bigger rooms, extra shower, etc. Having to look at that empty pool just ruins it all! Which, I guess if it does for you guys, whatever.
I'm not sure what you really don't understand. The ONLY reason we would switch to V2 is to be able to utilize all of the lines/strategy editing options. If we CAN'T use any of those options anyhow, then there is no reason for us to switch. I really can't make it anymore simple to comprehend. I do thank you for your concern though.

SDHL_Commish wrote:On a side note, a bottle is capable of holding 12 fluid ounces. The bottle currently contains 6 fluid ounces. Is the bottle half-full or half-empty?

:)
It actually depends on what the last move you made with the bottle was. If the bottle starts out completely empty and your last move is to fill it up halfway, then the bottle is now half full, as your action was to fill. If you have a bottle that starts out full and your last move was to remove half of the liquid, then the bottle is now half empty, as your action was to empty.

8)