Re-rate Page

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Re-rate Page

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:It actually depends on what the last move you made with the bottle was. If the bottle starts out completely empty and your last move is to fill it up halfway, then the bottle is now half full, as your action was to fill. If you have a bottle that starts out full and your last move was to remove half of the liquid, then the bottle is now half empty, as your action was to empty.

8)
Nice one!
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
SDHL_Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by SDHL_Commish »

Kramden23 wrote:
SDHL_Commish wrote:That's like saying even though I live in a house without a pool, I will not move into a much nicer house with a pool, because that pool is currently not working. Never mind the nicer kitchen, bigger rooms, extra shower, etc. Having to look at that empty pool just ruins it all! Which, I guess if it does for you guys, whatever.
I'm not sure what you really don't understand. The ONLY reason we would switch to V2 is to be able to utilize all of the lines/strategy editing options. If we CAN'T use any of those options anyhow, then there is no reason for us to switch. I really can't make it anymore simple to comprehend. I do thank you for your concern though.

SDHL_Commish wrote:On a side note, a bottle is capable of holding 12 fluid ounces. The bottle currently contains 6 fluid ounces. Is the bottle half-full or half-empty?

:)
It actually depends on what the last move you made with the bottle was. If the bottle starts out completely empty and your last move is to fill it up halfway, then the bottle is now half full, as your action was to fill. If you have a bottle that starts out full and your last move was to remove half of the liquid, then the bottle is now half empty, as your action was to empty.

8)

Actually, if you must rely upon faulty assumptions in an attempt to logically demonstrate a point, you don't have one.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SDHL_Commish wrote:Actually, if you must rely upon faulty assumptions in an attempt to logically demonstrate a point, you don't have one.
Exactly, then take your own advice because that doesn't even make sense in regards to anything I have said. The faulty assumption is YOU trying to determine if the bottle is half empty or half full just by looking at it. Since no bottle will miraculously fill or empty itself, there IS unequivocally a final action that was performed before being presented with the bottle to determine.

The same as you can't tell if a person is guilty or not JUST by looking at them, you must first be presented with the evidence, otherwise as you state, it's a faulty assumption.

So again, there IS ALWAYS a final action that has been performed on the bottle, thus giving you undisputed information to determine if the bottle is half empty or half full. There is no faulty assumption involved what so ever as it is a FACT of evidence.

This is like first year philosophy stuff, read a book!

Again Simon, please feel free to lock or delete this thread. This guys has gone so far off topic of me asking if you could implement a feature in V1 :?

Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SDHL_Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by SDHL_Commish »

Kramden23 wrote:
SDHL_Commish wrote:Actually, if you must rely upon faulty assumptions in an attempt to logically demonstrate a point, you don't have one.
Exactly, then take your own advice because that doesn't even make sense in regards to anything I have said. The faulty assumption is YOU trying to determine if the bottle is half empty or half full just by looking at it. Since no bottle will miraculously fill or empty itself, there IS unequivocally a final action that was performed before being presented with the bottle to determine.

The same as you can't tell if a person is guilty or not JUST by looking at them, you must first be presented with the evidence, otherwise as you state, it's a faulty assumption.

So again, there IS ALWAYS a final action that has been performed on the bottle, thus giving you undisputed information to determine if the bottle is half empty or half full. There is no faulty assumption involved what so ever as it is a FACT of evidence.

This is like first year philosophy stuff, read a book!

Again Simon, please feel free to lock or delete this thread. This guys has gone so far off topic of me asking if you could implement a feature in V1 :?

Being such an erudite fellow, I'm surprised that this needs to be explained for you. Well, here it is: your faulty assumption was that I took any action on this hypothetical bottle.

The sentence in question contains nothing that could lead one to logically conclude that I was responsible for its current state. You made that leap. I simply presented a scenario, which was to serve as friendly advice in the form of a metaphor. If I had known it would end up here I would have just went with something like look on the bright side.