Players Not Aging / Entry Draft for Fictional League

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
eFFeRR
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Players Not Aging / Entry Draft for Fictional League

Post by eFFeRR »

I have two questions to ask, they are unrelated to each other. So here goes my first question.

I have created a fictional database of 400 players that I plan on distributing over 12 fictional teams. Before I officially start the league, I wanted to do some testing to make sure I got all the settings down correct. I have simmed numerous seasons to gage the re-rates system and while doing so I have noticed none of my players age. After reading up on the forums the answer is always check the options and look for "Players Age on Current Date instead of Now" or something along those lines. Well I tried both options and still cannot get my players to age.

If I am running a season for testing purposes, I expect to run maybe 5 or 6 seasons in one day. How can I get my players to age after every season?. On the CSV file where I created the fictional players, I even went as far as to replace all the random birthdates I created with generic Jan 1st birthdates. I figured if they all had the same birthday they would all age together. That did not work either. I need some help please.

The second question I have is how to handle the Entry Draft for a fictional league. I see that I can manually create just the names of the prospects in the sim, but is that the only way? I plan to have ratings for these players prior to being drafted. So is creating there names, then drafting them, then activating them and assigning them ratings the proper way to do this? Or can I import prospects from a rating file?

Thanks
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Players Not Aging / Entry Draft for Fictional League

Post by SimonT »

When you create your players, how did you create their birthday?

If you want them to age, change the "Players Age on Current Date instead of Now" for a date in the future.

You can import a list of prospect name in the STHS or create them one by one in the STHS. A prospect is different from a player. A player has rating. A prospect doesn’t have rating, he’s only a name. The proper way is to do your draft (Who assign them to team), import there rating in the player database and then activate them (This delete the prospect assign to your players and assign the players to your team).

I hope I answer your question.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
eFFeRR
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by eFFeRR »

Thanks for the quick response Simon.

I believe I understand what you mean on the ages now.
Today is 6/19/2014 . If I set the box to Age players on 6/20/2014, does this mean tommorow all the players will age 1 year? If my season ends in one month from now (7/20/2014) and I want my players to age in the off-season only, do I just switch the date to 7/20/2014? this way they'll age as the season ends?

I guess this doesnt work for testing purposes, but I am okay with that. If I want to sim 6 years in the future just today, there is no way to age the players correct?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

eFFeRR wrote:Today is 6/19/2014 . If I set the box to Age players on 6/20/2014, does this mean tommorow all the players will age 1 year?
Yes.
eFFeRR wrote:If my season ends in one month from now (7/20/2014) and I want my players to age in the off-season only, do I just switch the date to 7/20/2014? this way they'll age as the season ends?
Yes. You can change all the players age or you can play with the "Players Age on Current Date instead of Now" option. It's depend on what section of the age calculation you want to play on (The Birthday or the date used to calculated their age).
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français