Automatic Prospects/Draft

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
polkhigh1966
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Automatic Prospects/Draft

Post by polkhigh1966 »

Hi,

I was about to buy the software, but I noticed that there is no way to have the program randomly create prospects for you. Also, I don't see any way to import a 'draft file' of prospects who are already created. To me, this is a 'must have' feature in the game. So, my question is, have I missed these features, or are they not in the game? If they are not in the game are there any plans to include this in a future update?

I think that it would go a long way towards making this software fully standalone, and complete. Ideally, I think that the software should allow you to run a fully functional league similar to the NHL without having to manually add things.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Automatic Prospects/Draft

Post by SimonT »

By your prospect, you mean players with rating and everything who in the simulator are name prospect OR prospect who is simply a name?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

RTo clarify, i would like to see one or both of the following features be available:

1~ at the beginning of a season the program automatically generates a list of fake players with random ratings that your league will use to draft from. Then when the draft comes around, you click on team1 selects joe blow, and he is automatically on the farm, fully rated, ready to play.

2~ allow a mass import of fully rated players in a csv file. This is basically the same thing as above except i would be able to control who i import into the draft list... i could use real players, and rate them how i want. Also, people could then share these draft files. Eventually the community will likely create draft files for every year, which, would help in retro leagues

Also option 2 would allow me to run an ohl type league, and when players reach a certain age i could output csv from the ohl league and import csv to my nhl league.

As an example, the program 'fast break basketball' has both of these features. What i like about fbb is that ican be commish of a league without ever having to do any player creation manually. This also means that i can run a hidden ratings league and not see those hidden rating myself as commish either, to keep things fair.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

1. An add-ons exist for that : http://www.dakalnar.com/KFUtilities/Index.html
2. Always been like that for the STHS. Take a look in the download section under the Rating.
-SimonT
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

I am aware of both of these resources.

1- I don't want to pay an extra $25 just to be able to import a draft file. $45 is already a lot to pay for a sim program, it should be fully functional standalone sim program in my opinion for such a high cost.

2- These are not 'draft files'. These are ratings files. I want to run a continuous sim league, lets say starting with the 2006 rating file. After that I dont want to input a whole new ratings file every season. I want to use the program to re-rate my players every year. I also want the program to handle input of a draft file.

Edit:

I do now see that it's possible to import a few players using the 'update ratings' feature. So using that I can make my own draft file and import it. That is very good to see.

Now, what I would like to see is one of the following two options be available:

1- program will auto-generate 200-300 draftable players every year, fully rated, ready to go.
AND/OR
2- program gives you the ability to output player ratings csv in the same format needed to import into another league. Right now when I try to output from one league and then import into another league it will give me an error.

Appreciate the follow-up Simon.

Thanks again.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

1. An add-ons can do it for now.
2. Allready possible. You export the CSV from the Menu and add them to Rating Pack with the STHS Utility V2.
-SimonT
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

I can export fine. When I import, I get an error.

log shows this:

Line # 2820 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2821 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2822 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2823 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2824 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2825 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2826 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2827 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2828 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2829 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2830 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 2831 of Player CSV file was not imported. Unknown field didn't pass the validation test.
2830 Player(s) on 2830 were not imported correctly!

The output csv file seems to clearly be in a much different format then what the STHS Utility requires for import.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

At line 2819, you have an extra field and is corrupting the lines after.

There 2 CSV output; the one for rating can be output from the Bonus - Output Rating CSV.
-SimonT
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

All the lines have the same error, I just didn't want to cut and paste 2800 lines.

I did the Bonus-->Output Ratings CSV

I get a file with these headers:

Number Name URLLink Team Country AgeDate Weight Height Contract Rookie PProtected NoApplyRerate AvailableforTrade NoTrade CanPlayPro CanPlayFarm ForceWaiver StarPower Salary Injury NumberOfInjury Condition Status0 Status1 Status2 Status3 Status4 Status5 Status6 Status7 Status8 Status9 SK DU EN SZ AG RB SC HS RT PH PS EX LD PO MO Overall ProGP ProMinPlay ProW ProL ProOTL ProShootout ProGA ProSA ProPim ProA ProPenalityShotsShots ProPenalityShotsGoals ProStartGoaler ProBackupGoaler ProEmptyNetGoal ProStar(1) ProStar(2) ProStar(3) FarmGp FarmMinPlay FarmW FarmL FarmOTL FarmShootout FarmGA FarmSA FarmPim FarmA FarmPenalityShotsShots FarmPenalityShotsGoals FarmStartGoaler FarmBackupGoaler FarmEmptyNetGoal FarmStar(1) FarmStar(2) FarmStar(3) ExcludeFromPayroll

When I try to import it says 2800 of 2800 lines not imported correctly.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

polkhigh1966 wrote:All the lines have the same error, I just didn't want to cut and paste 2800 lines.
Well, you are not using the correct file format.
polkhigh1966 wrote:I did the Bonus-->Output Ratings CSV

I get a file with these headers:

Number Name URLLink Team Country AgeDate Weight Height Contract Rookie PProtected NoApplyRerate AvailableforTrade NoTrade CanPlayPro CanPlayFarm ForceWaiver StarPower Salary Injury NumberOfInjury Condition Status0 Status1 Status2 Status3 Status4 Status5 Status6 Status7 Status8 Status9 SK DU EN SZ AG RB SC HS RT PH PS EX LD PO MO Overall ProGP ProMinPlay ProW ProL ProOTL ProShootout ProGA ProSA ProPim ProA ProPenalityShotsShots ProPenalityShotsGoals ProStartGoaler ProBackupGoaler ProEmptyNetGoal ProStar(1) ProStar(2) ProStar(3) FarmGp FarmMinPlay FarmW FarmL FarmOTL FarmShootout FarmGA FarmSA FarmPim FarmA FarmPenalityShotsShots FarmPenalityShotsGoals FarmStartGoaler FarmBackupGoaler FarmEmptyNetGoal FarmStar(1) FarmStar(2) FarmStar(3) ExcludeFromPayroll
No, you are looking at the wrong file. Delete all CSV files and do the Bonus-->Output Ratings CSV again and you'll see the real Rating CSV.
-SimonT
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

I deleted all of the csv files in that folder. Now when I do Bonus>Output Ratings CSV , it asks are you sure? I say Yes, and when I go back into the CSVXML folder there is nothing there. I tried this 5 times, and it never worked. I also tried simming some games, and then output and still it does nothing.

It does say 'Output done in ../CSVXML', but when Igo to that folder, it's empty.

Any Ideas?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Can you double check your CSVXML folder in your output option? Maybe you can try to change it.
-SimonT
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

Ok, so here is what I did.

I made a new folder "C:\sths test"

I changed the output folder to "C:\sths test"

I ran the Bonus>Output

It said output successful

I went to that folder and it was empty. However, a new folder was created called "C:\sthstest" (notice no space). And the correct ratings files were in that folder. Not sure what would cause this strange behavior? But I thought I would pass that info along, maybe there is a small bug? And maybe that will help you identify why the output wasn't working for me before?

Anyway, which folder the csv ends up in is not a huge concern, but I thought I would pass this info along in case it helps you solve this little issue.

Thanks for helping me through this. I think this solution should work for what I want to do.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

What version of Windows and what language are you using?
-SimonT
polkhigh1966

Post by polkhigh1966 »

Vista home premium 32 bit, english.